Once A Skeptic, Agent Jillian Manus Now Enjoys A Taste Of Success With Bestselling Diet Book
- Thanks to pizza. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;7/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the option signed by agent Jillian Manus with New Line for Frank Baldwin's coming-of-age story `Balling the Jack.'
- Agent Manus Gets More Than A Minute On The Charts. // Book Publishing Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p5
Reports that literary agent Jillian Manus has returned to the 'New York Times' newspaper's bestseller charts with the book 'The One Minute Millionaire,' the first collaboration between motivational experts Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen.
- Booked up. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Feb92, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p10
Claims that when it comes to telling businesses how to operate, New Hampshire authors and publishers have been working overtime. Some how-to books being offered by Upstart Publishing, a business book publisher with national offices in Dover; Some of the state's business authors and their books.
- Flying starts: New faces of 1989. Coffey, M.; Donahue, R. // Publishers Weekly;12/22/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 25, p26
Profiles eleven authors and artists who had their first books published this year, including A.M. Homes, Brian Pinkney, and Francesca Lia Block. Beginner's luck, dreams, determination and self-discovery.
- Writing for publication. Henson, Kenneth T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Jun97, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p781
Opinion. Offers advise on how writer's can improve their publishing success. Ignoring less widely circulated journals as one of the most common mistakes made by writers; Acceptance rates of journals surveyed by the author; The journal's refereed status as an attractive characteristic;...
- 7 teachers win $3.2 million settlement in suit against publishers. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;3/29/95, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p11
No abstract available.
- When you query an agent. Doyer, B.J. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb90, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p24
Describes two rules for getting a literary agent interested in one's work, summarizes ten query letter pointers, and two post query letter pointers, and tells what agents look for in a query letter.
- Successful research and writing for publication in The Journal of Humanistic Education and... McGowan, A. Scott // Journal of Humanistic Education & Development;Sep97, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p3
Presents information on strategies and guidelines which can be implemented by persons to enhance their chance of successful publication. Example of the frustration that a writers go through while trying to get their work published; Listing of several guidelines on can follow; What type of...
- Agreements between authors and publishers. Nordemann, Wilhelm // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the variation in the degree to which agreements between authors and publishers are left to free negotiation from country to country. Benefits of European economic unity; Requirements for rules on publishing contracts; Ways in which exploit authors' works.