For Sold Publishers, Will It Be Synergy Or Spin-off?
- Kids' Animation Company To Buy Golden Books. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/11/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 24, p22
Reports on the acquisition agreement reached by Golden Books Family Entertainment with DIC Entertainment. Terms of the agreement; Assets and liabilities listed by Golden Books in the bankruptcy filing; Details on DIC.
- Golden restructuring will cut 200 more jobs. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/16/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 51, p10
Reports that Golden Books Family Entertainment has decided to keep manufacturing its core Golden Books products in Racine, Wisconsin. Reasons for the decision to keep manufacturing in-house; Where the company plans to cut 200 more jobs; Fiscal news about Golden; Expected decrease in quarterly...
- Golden cuts quarterly loss, advances on several fronts. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 47, p12
Offers news about the status of Golden Books Family Entertainment company. Reduced losses reported for the third quarter and nine-month period that ended September 30, 1997; The successful launch of Golden Books Adult Publishing Group; Golden's intent to sell its Cambridge, Maryland printing...
- Golden picks new site for plant. // Publishers Weekly;3/10/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p11
Reports that Golden Books Family Entertainment has chosen a new site for its manufacturing facility. New facility to be located at Renaissance Business Park in Sturtevant, Wisconsin; Consolidation of Golden's four separate facilities; Why the company decided to stay in Wisconsin.
- Golden Books launches new value line under Weitzen. // Publishers Weekly;8/4/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 32, p20
Reports two developments for Golden Books. Formation of Golden Value Books and Special Markets under president Stephen Weitzen; Operation independent from core group; Books at lower price points; Acquisition of Shari Lewis Enterprises Inc.; Distribution rights to `The Charlie Horse Music...
- Golden opportunity for DIC Ent. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/5/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 29, p71
Reports on DIC Entertainment Holdings Inc.'s acquisition of book publisher Golden Books Family Entertainment Inc. Terms of the deal; Golden Books' book titles obtained by DIC as part of the agreement; Bankruptcy filing by Golden Books to speed up the transaction.
- HarperCollins Seeks Instant Heft In Children's Mass Market Publishing With Bid For Golden Books. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p5
Reports the addition of Golden Books (GB) to publisher HarperCollins (HC) in the United States. Addition of revenues by HC; Comparison between GB and Random House in terms of revenues; Objection of HC on the acquisition of GB assets along with Classic Media.
- PUBS ON GOLDEN POND. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;8/16/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 54, p4
Reports that Random House Inc. and Classic Media LLC have won approval to buy Gold Books Family Entertainment Co. Terms of agreement; Financial status of Golden Books.
- Random Bid for Golden Needs Court Approval. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p9
Discusses the agreement between Random House and Classic Media to acquire the assets of Golden Books. Update on the bankruptcy case; Value of the acquisition offering; Reason of Golden for choosing the bid made by Random over the offer by DIC Entertainment.