Susan O'Grady: Labors of Love
- INDUSTRY news. // Onsite Installer;Jun2011, p30
The article offers news briefs from the onsite industry as of June 2011 including the ISO 14001 2004 certification achieved by Gorman Rupp Co. for its Environmental Management System, the election of Susan O'Grady as president of Pentair Water and the NSF/ANSI Standard 46 certification achieved...
- For sale: The College for Financial Planning. Gentile, Gary // Financial Planning;Aug97, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p16
Reports that the College for Financial Planning is up for sale. Objectives of the National Endowment for Financial Education in the decision to sell; Plans by the nonprofit group to concentrate on its popular education programs aimed at consumers.
- New Twists on Giving. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p94
Provides information on current trends in philanthropy beneficial to financial advisers, as of October 2005. Background on giving circles; Similarity between venture philanthropy and nonprofit angel investment; Benefits of donor advised funds to donors.
- Look into your heart. Christie, Bruce // Money Management;8/16/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p26
The article focuses on the author's views regarding the philanthropic giving in Australia and in the U.S. He discusses that the U.S. has a strong culture of philanthropy that is unrivalled in the western world while Australia's philanthropic giving is increasing. He discusses the ways of...
- Foundation Awards $23,000 In Grants. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p16
Deals with the grants awarded by the Foundation for Financial Planning to educational institutions in the United States. Aim of the Utah State program, Financial Planning for Women; Follow-up grant awarded to Purdue University in Indiana; Amount raised by the foundation toward its endowment fund.
- CALENDAR. // On Wall Street;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20
A calendar of events for U.S. financial advisors is presented including the Investor Education Day Options Basics on September 21, 2013 in New York City, the Endowment and Foundation Forum on October 7 - 9, 2013 in Boston, Massachusetts and the Women Advisors Forum on October 29, 2013 in...
- More time for complaints. // Money Marketing;11/28/2002, p2
Reports on independent financial advisers' (IFA) reaction to the British Financial Services Authority's (FSA) move to extend the endowment complaint deadline. Consumers Association's complaint about the lack of action over endowments by the FSA; Insurance Portfolio (IP) Consultancy principal...
- Clients warned to expect nil return in Windsor Life endowment letter. Speedy, Sonia // Money Marketing;5/1/2003, p60
Reveals that independent financial adviser Joslin Rhodes claims to be the worst ever endowment projection letter. Forecast that clients will receive nothing from the Windsor Life plan set up in 1994.
- Certifiable. Sheehan, Jan; Wiltse, John // Colorado Business Magazine;Jul96, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on the education program offered by the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) for financial planners in Denver, Colorado. Affiliates of NEFE in the city; Description of the financial planning course offered by the city; Comments from NEFE officials on the quality of their...