Persuading Clients to Diversify Successful Company Stock
- Seeking the hot data points in the market. Crowell, Richard A. // Pensions & Investments;11/14/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p12
Opinion. Comments on the alleged cognitive bias of portfolio managers in investment strategies. Definition of cognitive bias; Convincing people to buy stocks; Attribute long-term investment value; Preference for large, high-priced stocks.
- Clients with Trusts: How Planners Stay in the Game. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p56
Discusses how financial planners can maintain an influence over the assets of their clients who created trusts for their assets. Creation of an advisor-owned and advisor-controlled trust company such as the National Advisors Trust Company; Importance of maintaining relationships with independent...
- Trust: A Factor in Portfolio Composition. Sybrowsky, Jacob P.; Finke, Michael; Smith, Hyrum // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p54
The article discusses the importance of trust in portfolio composition, focusing on a stock investment-related risk-return trade-off, decision-making, and stock market participation research. According to the article, trust is a person's reliance on the integrity of a future payout or confidence...
- Toolbox: Briefs. // Money Management;12/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p26
The article offers news briefs related to fund management in Australia including the launch of the Aviva Investors Direct Separately Managed Account (SMA) of Aviva Investors, the release of new bulk review features for the online financial planning software application from BT Financial Group,...
- A Frontier That's More Efficient. Williams, James O. // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p87
Focuses on probability analysis for financial planners to convert the efficient frontier into a more usable form for developing portfolio strategies. Common questions asked by clients; Strategies for client withdrawal practice; Advantages of the constant payment strategy; Benefits of...
- Daniel Ben-Ami: A warning to fund managers. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fundweb;10/14/2014, p10
The author comments on fund management being seen as a potential source of future financial instability.
- Mix With Fixed. Bowen, Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p131
Emphasizes the importance for financial planners to educate their clients about the risks associated with concentrated portfolio. How to remind clients why they are investing; Benefits of diversified portfolio; Advice to planners on how to help clients make smart decisions on investments.
- Be Your Own Financial Planner. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Jun2008, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the significance of financial planners and portfolio management.
- Story Time. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Ed McCarthy regarding how financial planners set themselves in distinct with others who work with similar issues, products, and clients.