Tax Prep as Part of Financial Planning? A Question with Different Answers
- TAX & FINANCIAL PLANNING NEWS. Scott, Robert W. // Accounting Technology;Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p14
Reports on developments concerning tax and financial planning industry in the U.S. as of November 2002. Departure of Charles Ter Bush as a marketing and product manager at CCH to join tax forms vendor STF Services as a vice president; Decision of Practitioners Publishing Co. to provide its...
- The tax prep/financial services connection. // Practical Accountant;Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p15
Reports on two announcements that indicate how tax preparation and financial planning services are increasingly being packaged together in the United States. Micro Vision's client introduction agreement with LM Financial Planners; Introduction of H.D. Vest's Web site.
- Accounting is an Art - Not a Science! Hausmaninger, Vic // Orange County Business Journal;7/18/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p4
The article presents the author's insights regarding the creative approach taxation such as the financial services and tax services.
- The 11th-hour crunch. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/05/99, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p1B
Focuses on the increased tax planning business for the tax preparation industry in the United States due to a strong national economy in 1998. Challenges encountered by the industry in clients who lack tax-planning foresight; Case examples.
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Taxing Times. // Accountancy;Jan2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1289, p56
This article reports on the aim of My Online Tax advisor (MOTA), an online tax planning service that will provide an unlimited service to its customer about Great Britain's taxation. MOTA is created by The Tax Team, Great Britain's largest independent provider of tax services. For service which...
- Is it time to fire your financial adviser? // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Jul2013, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses reasons why a person may wish to dismiss his financial adviser and find another. Excessive fees and underperforming investments could indicate a change is needed. Other warning signs include the provision of investment advice that is not tailored to one's needs, and a lack...
- Provocation plea. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;3/26/2009, p67
The article presents the author's view on the need for financial adviser to move away from solution selling to dealing with areas of anxiety. According to the author, there is no shortage of reason to be proactive specially when it comes to tax and tax planning. The author said that financial...
- Tax Preparers. // Inside Tucson Business;7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p19
Lists the top tax preparers in Tucson, Arizona ranked by number of returns prepared and filed in year 2001. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service; Beach Fleischman and Co. PC; Oase-Stevens Accounting; Moran, Quick and Associates; Hammel and Co. PC.
- TAX & FINANCIAL NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p14
Presents news on tax and financial planning news in the United States recent as of July 2004. Corporate revenue of Wolters Kwuler for the first quarter of 2004; Marketing for the accounting software developed by ATX; Sales performance of Intuit for the first quarter ending in April 30, 2004.