Tenure Pays In a Bear Market…
- Evaluating Separately Managed Accounts. Plummer, Allen // On Wall Street;Nov2002, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p38
Provides information on the evaluation of separately managed accounts. Comparison between such accounts and mutual funds; Background on the Morning Principa Pro module from Morningstar; Details of the monitoring of accounts performance; Information on CheckFree Investment Services.
- WHY YOU WANT A FUND PRO WHO EATS HIS OWN COOKING. Fitch, Asa // Money;Nov2007, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the "Journal of Financial Economics" stating that mutual funds owned by the fund managers perform up to .05 points better than funds not owned by the managers. Investors can find out if their managers own their own funds at Morningstar.com.
- Morningstar discloses details of fund manager teams. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;7/26/2013, p1
The article offers information on the initiative started by Morningstar Inc., that forces fund groups to disclose exact details of each individual manager behind funds that are managed by a team. It states that individual investors can now see this information through the company's website and...
- Picking stocks, funds that won't give you motion sickness. Leckey, Andrea // Journal of Business (10756124);9/3/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 18, pB14
The article offers tips on investing in companies that has little debt, reliable earnings and good liquidity in the U.S. According to Ryan Leggio, mutual fund analyst with Morningstar Inc., investors must look at mutual funds that has an unchanging strategy of owning cheap, high-quality...
- Morningstar approves Barnett's takeover of Woodford's Invesco funds. Suter, Laura // Fundweb;8/7/2015, p5
The article reports that market research firm Morningstar has approved invetment manager Mark Barnett's takeover of Invesco Perpetual funds. The research firm says Barnett has proved he can handle the Invesco Perpetual High Income and Invesco Perpetual Income funds. It informs that Barnett took...
- More Challenges for Target Date Funds. Festa, Elizabeth D. // Investment Advisor;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p90
The article discusses the challenges faced by target-date mutual funds industry in the U.S. According to the study conducted by Morningstar Inc., the target-date mutual funds need to be improved when it comes to better practices by managers and fund companies, from more detailed and...
- Morningstar Rates 20 Largest Target-Date Series. // Money Management Executive;9/14/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p6
No abstract available.
- Critical mass. Hubbard, Andy // Mortgage Banking;Jul94, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p91
Focuses on the training of real estate investment advisers in the United States. Need for a formal training department; Dependence on computer technology; Prioritization of training according to risk factors.
- Space and time. Hubbard, Andy // Mortgage Banking;Sep94, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p105
Focuses on the training of real estate investment advisers in the United States. Training equipment; Use of computers; Need for a dedicated training room; Training cycles.