O'Connor Spoke the Right Language for a Tough Job
- Uva Named CEO of Univision. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article announces that Joe Uva, head of media buyer OMD and a former senior executive at Turner Broadcasting, was named chief executive of Spanish-language television broadcaster Univision.
- Univision plans trio of cable channels. DE LA FUENTE, ANNA MARIE // Daily Variety;3/21/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 55, p3
The article reports on revelation of information by Joe Uva, chief executive officer (CEO) of Univision Communications Inc., in a private conference call with investors.
- Rising Univision has eye on No. 1. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;2/25/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 39, p4
The article focuses on the prediction of Univision Communications Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) Joe Uva that the company will be the top broadcast network in the U.S. in 2016, citing the 13% increase in its primetime audience with adults from 18-49 years old in the quarter ending December...
- Univision Inks 50 Retrans Deals. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p26
The article reports on the 50 retransmission-consent deals of the media company Univision Communications Inc. with video providers. Tonia O'connor, executive vice president of the company's distribution sales and marketing, and her team have finalized a retransmission-pact with satellite-TV...
- Leader of the Hispanic Pack. // Multichannel News;8/13/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p6
An interview with Tonia O'Connor, president of distribution sales and marketing at Univision Communications Inc., is presented. When asked about the reception to the novela, sports and news network, she states that sport is very big and its anchor content is Mexican League soccer. She believes...
- A Passion for Hispanic TV. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;1/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, Special section p22
The article offers information on Jessica Rodriguez, executive vice president (VP) of Program Scheduling and Promotions at Univision Communications Inc. Topics include carrier highlights such as serving as Senior VP at Univision Cable Networks and currently the in-charge of 500 million dollars...
- Retrans Just the Beginning For O'Connor. Lafayette, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/7/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 42, p30
The article profiles Univision Communications Inc. president of distribution sales and marketing Tonia O'Connor and outlines how she negotiated with retransmission consent agreements by showing how can distributors tap in the U.S. Hispanic market. It notes the move of O'Connor in the electronic...
- Dish Inks Wide-Ranging Univision Pact. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that Dish Network Corp. is expanding its business within the U.S. latinos community by entering into a deal with Univision Communications Inc. It states that under the deal Dish will launch three news cable channels the U.S. Hispanic market leader, Univision. Tonia O'Connor,...
- PeopleWatch... // CT Daily;3/5/2013, p1
The article announces several personnel changes including Tonia O'Connor as president of Univision Communications Inc.'s Corporate Business Development Group, James Capuano as senior vice president at Tech Valley Communications Corp., and Jason McNicol as a senior analyst at ABI Research Inc.