Insight's Griffith Keeps Her Eye on the Ball
- Insight Wants to Grow After It Shrinks. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p22
The article comments on the operations and strategies of the U.S.-based Insight Communications according to chief executive officer Michael Willner. Insight has decided to separate itself from the Insight Midwest joint venture in November 2007. Details about Insight's strategies and revenue...
- Small Cablers Seek Exemption. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p26
The article reports on a blanket exemption for small cable television operators by Insight Communications chief executive Michael Willner from new digital television station carriage rules adopted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in September 2007. Willner stressed that small...
- Entering the blogosphere. Ostrowski, Sue // Smart Business Columbus;Oct2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
An interview with Michael Willner, chief executive officer (CEO) of Insight Communications Co. Inc., is presented. He encourages CEOs to set up a blog with the help of someone in the company who is involved in information technology (IT) or with other services that host blogs. He mentions that...
- Crisis Communications:. // CableFAX Daily;5/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 95, p1
Focuses on a recorded message from Insight CEO Michael Willner apologizing for the Internet disruptions received by high speed date Internet service subscribers in Kentucky, Illinois and Indiana. Efforts of the CEO to communicate with customers about the situation.
- An Innovator Who Inspires, Too. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p65
Features Michael Willner, CEO of Insight Communications and recipient of the 2004 Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership. Group affiliations of Willner; Views on the key to innovation on cable television; Innovative services launch by Insight Communications.
- Michael S. Wilner. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4
Profiles vice chairman and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, Michael S. Willner. Customer base of the cable operator as of April 7, 2003; Awards given to the company by Cablevision magazine and Communications Technology magazine; Public-affairs initiatives taken by Willner;...
- Upbeat show, downbeat topics. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;05/14/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the cable telecommunication industry in the United States. Comments from Michael Willner, president and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, on the industry; Readiness of cable networks for competition; Advantage of television and computer to cable.
- Cable's Stake in DTV Transition. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p17
Outlines the testimony given by Michael Willner, chief executive officer of Insight Communications, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet of the U.S. House of Representatives regarding the transition of cable television to digital television on September 25, 2002. ...
- Willner, Knafel to Lead Penthera. Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p8
The article informs that Michael S. Willner and Sidney R. Knafel, co-founders of Insight Communications Co. Inc., will invest in new media-technology venture Penthera Partners.