Cisco Farms Out Guide
- ITV: Great Expectations. Rustagi, Vibha // Multichannel News;2/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p20
The article presents an interview with Itaas CEO Vibha Rustagi, founding partner of the provider of interactive television (TV) development and testing tools. When asked about the kinds of projects she is working, she reveals that they are working on applications that bridge from the TV to...
- Kinder, gentler ITV on its way to consumers. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p35
Reports that different electronic devices designed to facilitate interactive television broadcasting were introduced during the 2000 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. TeleCruz Technology's Cruzerware software package; Motorola Corp.'s MCT5100 M-digital television module; Harman...
- TVWorks, itaas team up on tru2way developments. // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the agreement made by TVWorks and itaas to combine TVWorks' tru2way and enhanced TV platforms with itaas' istart developer program in the U.S. Both companies said that this will enable more rapid development of new TV services and advanced cable set-top boxes (STB)....
- Cisco looks to interactive TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p40
Reports on Internet technology firm Cisco Systems' investment in interactive television technology firm Liberate Technologies as of July 24, 2000. Company background; Background on Cisco systems' interactive television business plans.
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.
- A new interactivity. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p22
Details the efforts of interactive television vendors in the United States to develop the technology. Effort of manufacturers to develop standards-based plug-and-play devices that can be operated through the television's remote; Offering of Internet access over cable networks by WebTV Networks...