Zaslav Gets His Reward
- Discovery Gains In Cash Flow, Revenue. // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p42
The article reports on the revenue and operating cash-flow growth of Discovery Communications Inc. for the second quarter of 2006 based on its U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing. The increase in distribution revenue and advertising revenue contributed to the growth. The distribution...
- Discovery's Bearing of the Green. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p32
The article reports that Discovery Holding has filed its first proxy statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Discovery has disclosed in its SEC filing that founder and chairman John Hendricks received about $58 million in compensation in 2007. Discovery plans to combine...
- DISCOVERING CATALYSTS FOR GROWTH. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p31
The article provides an outlook of the condition of the telecommunications industry for 2008 by Pali Research analyst Rich Greenfield in the U.S. He notes the importance of the programming changes that some of the biggest networks will make for the year. Meanwhile, he hopes that the formal U.S....
- Media Poised for Turnaround. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p18
Looks at the challenges and opportunities facing media companies in the U.S. in 2005. Settlement reached between Time Warner and the Securities and Exchange Commission over claims that its America Online unit inflated revenue and subscriber numbers between 2000 and 2002; Plans of Viacom on...
- The Securities And Exchange Commission. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p70
Presents excerpts from `The Work of the SEC' (Securities and Exchange Commission). Composition; Division of Corporation Finance; Division of Market Regulation; Division of Investment Management and Enforcement.
- Federal Securities And Merger Laws. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p68
Presents excerpts from the US Securities and Exchange Commission's 1988 publication `The Work of the SEC.' Considers laws from 1933 to 1988 which regulate the securities market and corporate mergers.
- SEC proposal for abbreviated financial statements put on... // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p11
Reports on reactions to Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) proposal for abbreviated financial statements. Details of proposal; Examination of reactions; Background information on SEC; Views from officials.
- The SEC's Annual Report to Congress. Coffey, William J.; Illiano, Gary // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p42
Presents information on the 1994 annual report of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to Congress. Brief history on SEC; Contact points for SEC's 1994 Annual Report to Congress; Information on report. INSET: SEC proposed rules for use of abbreviated financial statements...
- Investing made easier. // Consumer Reports;Oct95, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p637
Features the short form prospectus approved by the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Content; Disadvantages; Companies using the short-form prospectus in tandem with the full-length version.