Negro Baseball League Project Was a Public-Affairs Home Run for Cox
- Training news. // Personnel Today;4/19/2005, p4
This article presents information related to racism in Great Britain's workplaces. Racism in Great Britain's workplaces is damaging the career prospects of many black workers because at every level of working life they get fewer training opportunities, according to a TUC report. Education...
- ATTITUDES TOWARDS AND EXPERIENCE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY. Oosthuizen, Rudolf M.; Naidoo, Vasantha // SAJIP: South African Journal of Industrial Psychology;Mar2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
Orientation: The demography of the South African work force has changed considerably since the implementation of Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998. There is no clarity in the literature on employees' attitudes towards and experiences of employment equity (EE). Research purpose: The purpose of...
- Future holds more than cable TV for Cox. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/96, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
Reports on Cox Communications' preparation for the telecommunications revolutions through diversifications and alliances. Contract with the US Navy to provide services among the former's three local installations; Pilot projects with Tulane University and Entergy; Alliance with Sprint Corp.,...
- Pass the Sominex. Galarza, Pablo // Financial World;5/20/96, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p38
Features Cox Communications Inc. Improvement of the company's financial status after its acquisition of Times Mirrors' cable holdings in February 1995; Effect of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 to the industry; Performance of the American cable industry. INSET: Moonlighting, by P.G..
- Cox employees, music fans unite for 'necessities drive' // Las Vegas Business Press;07/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p13
Highlights the necessities drive spearheaded by Cox Communications to benefit Shade Tree Shelter. Cox's sponsorship of the 8th annual JuneFest music festival at the Silver Bowl; Discount to JuneFest tickets.
- Newsroom in classroom. // Quill;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p11
Reports on Cox Communications partnership with schools using a fiber network. Information on partnership.
- Easy living. Levine, Shira // Telephony;04/28/97, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p26
Reports on the agreement between Cox Communications and the management of the Sonterra apartment complex in Foothill Ranch, California for exclusive communications services. Phone, cable and Internet services; Advanced network service; Consumer advantage.
- Cox planning big moves in DTV, phone businesses. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/96, Vol. 126 Issue 52, p91
Focuses on the preparation made by Cox Communications for a major play in both digital television and the telephone business. Total worth of the company's investment in the effort; Details of the effort; Comment by Jimmy Hayes, Cox senior vice president and chief financial officer of the company.
- Cox pushes padres in San Diego. // MediaWeek;02/10/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5
Reports on Cox Communications' plans of launching its proposed Channel 4 local cable network in its San Diego area in California.