Words That Launched a Legacy
- Kelly to receive WGA West's TV Chayefsky nod. Kiefer, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/18/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the announcement of David E. Kelly as recipient of the WGA West's Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award in television category in the U.S. for the year 2003. Achievements of Kelly in Writers Guild Award category; Other awards won by Kelly; Name of the winner in the Producers Guild Award category.
- Kelley acts as judge, jury for series quality. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;05/04/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 47, pA1
Presents the reflection of 'The Practice' screenwriter David E. Kelly on the quality of the American show. Focus of the series on the minutiae of practicing law; Basis of the script; Difference from the other courtroom dramas; Consistency of the program's ratings.
- The Dumbest Moves of 2008. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;12/12/2008, Issue 1025, p42
This article notes unsuccessful management decisions in the television broadcasting industry during 2008. The choice of reality television program hosts, including Howie Mandel, Ryan Seacrest, and Heidi Klum, as the hosts of the 2008 Emmy Awards is criticized. The cancellation of television...
- WHAT THOSE EXECUTIVE NOTES REALLY MEAN. // Hollywood Reporter;5/24/2013, Issue 18, p46
The article offers several executive notes and their meaning for television writers.
- How We Staff a TV Writers Room. HOROWITZ, ADAM; KITSIS, EDWARD // Hollywood Reporter;5/23/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 18, p50
The author discusses the selection of writers for television programs, and presents his insights on writing for television programs.
- 'Legal' eagle remaining on Fox's docket. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;9/23/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 58, p1
Reports on the deal signed by producer David E. Kelley with Twentieth Century Fox Television to keep his company David E. Kelley Productions at the studio through 2008 in the U.S. Work experience of Kelley at the studio as writer on the first season of the television program "L.A. Law" back in...
- Wells earns WGA's Laurel for TV work. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/19/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that the Writers Guild of America West will honor producer-writer John Wells with its Paddy Chayefsky Laurel for excellence in television writing. Wells has won six Emmy Awards on shows including "The West Wing" and "ER." Wells was Writers Guild of America West's president...
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH ALMOST ANYTHING. // Hollywood Reporter;5/23/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 18, p60
The article focuses on writing for smart television programs without rules.
- Writers Bloc. Rice, Lynette // Entertainment Weekly;7/8/2005, Issue 828, p10
Reports on a petition filed by the writers of reality TV programs to the Writers Guild of America requesting for an equal and just pay from the producers of their shows.