Next Round: Pacquiao-Clottey Be First PPV Bout of Year
- Asia Beat. // Filipino Post;5/27/2010, p3
The article offers news briefs in Asia. World boxing champion Manny Pacquiao decided to study at the University of the Philippines to prepare for his job as a member of the Philippines' parliament. Soccer fans in Singapore decided to protest after the country's two cable television providers...
- community. // Multichannel News;5/18/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p28
The article discusses miscellaneous topics related to the cable television industry. Topics discussed include lessons to be learnt from a boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather such as boxing being famous on television and cable operators reaching consumers with marketing...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p47
Reports on developments in the cable industry for the week ended January 10, 1994. Development of a cable network by Nelson Goldberg, president and chief executive of Gaming Entertainment Television; Reiss Media Entertainment's announcement of bringing `Chippendales' to pay per view;...
- Cable's new guard. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 48, p50
Lists the new cable networks in the United States. Includes Adam & Eve Channel; American Political Channel; America's Health Network; America's Talking; Animal Planet; Applause; Arts & Antique Network; ATN, The Automotive Television Network; Advertising Television; The Auto Channel; BET-Home...