High Court Rewrites Political-Ad Rules
- Lawmakers press FEC on bundling regulation. Weixel, Nathaniel // Hill;12/5/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 142, p8
The article reports on the demand of three Democratic lawyers regarding the need for the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to implement a proposed rule requiring broad disclosure of bundled contributions to lobbyists in the U.S. Senators Russ Feingold and Barack Obama and Democratic...
- Amen, hallelujah! Free speech for corporations. Muth, Chuck // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/1/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, pP29
The author expresses his opinion on the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court to allow corporations to fully participate in the country's elections for federal offices. According to the author, taxing corporations without allowing them to participate in the elections is an example of taxation...
- Avoiding a GOP Blowout. Bedard, Paul; Rettig, Jessica // U.S. News Digital Weekly;11/27/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p2
The article features Democratic Representative Chris Van Hollen, and discusses how he is handling his party's failure due to the unpopularity of some of U.S. President Barack H. Obama's policies. It states that he used to be a soccer coach, and therefore understands something of strategy. His...
- Ruling will be verdict on Obama as a leader. Stanage, Niall // Hill;6/28/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 83, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's judgment on a healthcare ruling for the effectiveness of the country's President Barack Obama as a leader of the nation.
- The Great Constitutional Charade. O'Leary, Wayne // Progressive Populist;10/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p16
In this article, the author expresses his views on how the U.S. Supreme Court is operating in 2012 under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- The Whispers Poll. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;7/31/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p3
The article presents the results of a survey on the possible second choice of U.S. President Barack Obama as a Supreme Court justice.
- We need progress more than ever; The new Justice could make it work. Flokas, Anastasios Nicholas // Pipe Dream;4/23/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p7
In this article the author discusses the long-term implication on the appointment of U.S. Barack Obama for a Supreme Court justice to the constitutional issues in the U.S.
- Obama and Top Hill Democrats Push New Bill to Restrict NRLC Communications to the Public. // National Right to Life News;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 37 Issue 6/7, p1
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama and congressional Democratic leaders are working for the passage of a bill restricting corporations to communicate with the public about federal lawmaker actions. The bill, dubbed the "DISCLOSE Act," was introduced in April 2010 by Maryland...
- the WASHINGTON REPORT. // ESOP Report;Jan2015, p7
The article focuses on the willingness of Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan and U.S. Senator Orin Hatch to reform the Federal tax code with the U.S. White House. Topics discussed include the proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama for the reduction of the C corporation Federal tax rate, the...