Writing MTV's New Script
- Indie Music Becomes TV's Featured Player. Block, Hayley Taylor // Television Week;1/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the changing role of music in TV programs in the U.S. Popular music has long been used in many films and TV shows to enhance visual media and to highlight special moments. Now, music has been given a starring role on television. Many TV series offer cross-promotional...
- On Dasher! On Dancer! On Prancer! On Kelsey Grammer! Schneider, Michael // Variety;11/29/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 2, p20
Looks at the holiday offerings that fill the post-Thanksgiving lineups of the TV networks in the U.S. Christmas special programs that will be featured by NBC, ABC and CBS; Lesson learned by TV networks from cable; Advantage of showing holiday specials for the networks.
- Nashville Scene: Tritt To Give Radio A Spin As 'Roadhouse' Co-Host. Stark, Phyllis // Billboard;4/10/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 15, p28
Presents updates on the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Contract signed by recording artist Travis Tritt with the Marketing Group to co-host the syndicated television (TV) show "Roadhouse Weekend"; Decision of Billy Dean to sign for Curb Records; Plan of the national TV...
- 'One' and only. // Variety;7/24/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 9, p4
The article offers insight on the performance of the reality television show, The One: Making a Music Star, from American Broadcasting Co. in the U.S. market. The show certainly lived down to its title, barely topping a 1 demo rating and drawing just 3.1 million viewers overall. Several...
- SO MUCH TO KNOCK ABOUT 'POP ROCKS' Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reviews the television program "Pop Rocks" from U.S. cable television network ABC Family.
- Tuneful 'Christmas Carol' Heads For TV. Hay, Carla // Billboard;8/7/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 32, p56
Presents news briefs on television programs in the U.S. as of August 7, 2004. Cast of "A Christmas Carol: The Musical," on NBC; Nominations for the 2004 Emmy Awards for music specials; Schedule of auditions for part four of the talent show "American Idol."
- Fontana, Kelley climb aboard. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;1/21/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 18, pA8
This article focuses on reality television programs shown by Warner Bros. Network (WB) in the U.S. Television producer Tom Fontana says that one reason he's developing his next TV show for WB. David Janollari is the entertainment prexy for WB. During his first development season since joining...
- Kids line up for 'Camp' Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;6/23/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 55, p4
The article reports on the launching of the new musical program "Camp Rock," which is aired on Disney Channel in the U.S. The television program is also aired on ABC during Saturday nights and on ABC Family during Sunday nights. According to Nielsen Media Research Inc., around 8.9 million...
- Brag Book. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the rating of two TV programs in the U.S. as of February 2006. "High School Musical"; "Nascar RaceDay."