Scripps, Cablevision Reach a Compromise
- Cablevision Goes Wide With ITV, EBIF. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p40
The article reports on Cablevision Systems Corp.'s distribution of Zodiac Interactive interactive television (ITV) platform throughout New York.
- At last, t-commerce. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Reports on the actions made by Cablevision Systems Corp. and Chyron Corp. that could increase the acceptance and popularity of interactive television (ITV) services in Long Island, New York. Cablevision's completion of ITV pilot program; Roll-out of ITV devices; Chyron's development of ITV...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p32
Several letters to the editors are presented in response to articles in previous issues such as "Exclusive: Canoe to Shutter Interactive TV Ad Business, Lay Off 120" in the February 23, 2012 issue and "Cablevision Shares Plunge" in the February 29, 2012 issue.
- OPTIMUM HOMES EMPOWERS HOME BUYERS/SELLERS IN NEW YORK. // Telephone IP News;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the performance of Cablevision Systems Corporation's innovative Optimum Homes interactive real estate channel in January 2006. Optimum Homes features tens of thousands of real estate listings for sale or rent across the New York metropolitan area. In addition to its...
- Cablevision's New Spin. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p52
Deals with the decision of Cablevision Systems Corp. to split into two separate publicly traded entities. Benefits of the move to the company; Information on a New York-centric strategy of Cablevision in 2000; Number of consumers of the Interactive Optimum digital service of the company.
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.
- Which superhighway is it? GF // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p44
Reports on the pessimistic view of cable industry's research consortium Cable-Labs regarding the potential of interactive cable. Lack of subscriber interest for the services; Change in the cost of building fiber systems and their reliability to improve video delivery.
- Web TV. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p49
Reports on developments that will bring about a convergence of Internet and television. Surfing the World Wide Web on television screens; Multiple viewers of one Web page; Which companies are developing such technologies; Role of the cable companies; Efforts being made to work out the final...
- Interactive television. Murrie, Michael // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p28
Discusses developments which reflect the entry of interactive television news. Videotron Ltd.'s offering of the first television news; Activities of newspaper that has something to do with interactive video news; Background on the company NuMedia, a venture by NBC and IBM.