Southern California Optical Labs Lend a Hand
- Making the Digital Connection. KARP, ANDREW // Vision Monday;9/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p47
The article examines how eye care professionals and optical laboratories are collaborating to produce free-form, digital lenses. Ophthalmic practitioners embrace digital lenses because they are enabled to provide a higher-level of patient care. As they integrate digital lenses to their practice,...
- Santa Ana, Anaheim Among Cities With Most Uninsured. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;11/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p22
The article reports several healthcare-related news in Orange County, California. According to new Census data, Santa Ana and Anaheim are the two largest cities that has the biggest number of residents without health insurance. A project by University of California to help people restore their...
- Largest Labs Adapt to Market Challenges. KARP, ANDREW // Vision Monday;9/15/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p37
The article profiles the "Vison Monday" selection of the top optical laboratories for 2014. Topics discussed include factors that influenced the vision care industry in 2014 including competition from overseas laboratories, changes in federal health care laws and new corporate alliances in the...
- Labapalooza Hits All the Right Notes. // Vision Monday;9/24/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p60
The article discusses the highlights of Labapalooza, an optical laboratory industry event held in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 6, 2012.
- Collard-Rose. // LabTalk;Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p38
Photographs of the staff of Collard-Rose Optical Laboratory in Whittier, California is presented.
- Top 5 Labs That Made News in 2007. // Vision Monday;11/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p40
The article lists the top 5 optometry laboratories in the U.S. that made news in 2007 that include Essilor Laboratories of America, Hoya Vision Center and Carl Zeiss Vision laboratories.
- Katz & Klein. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p42
Several images of the employees of Katz & Klein optical laboratory in Sacramento, California are presented.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. W., Christe // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 37 Issue 14E, p6
The article discusses about reports published in the magazine including new products for optical laboratories and the new magnetic layered lenses.
- Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p24
The article lists the Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for 2009 including Hirsch Optical Corp. and Winchester Optical Co., Transitions Lab of the Year Finalists for Europe, Middle East and Africa including Lenstec Optical Laboratories, The Norville Group, Ltd. and Optovista and the 2009...