Industry News: THE OLA MEETING IN PICTURES
- Hawkins Optical Turns 60, Adds AR Technology In-House. // Vision Monday;1/19/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the celebration of the 60th year in business of Hawkins Optical Laboratory in Topeka, Kansas by investing in new technology. Kevin Bargman, president and co-owner of the company, said he and his father, chairman and co-owner, Bud Bargman have invested in equipment and...
- Overheard at the OLA. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p18
The article looks at the possibilities of an Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) merger with The Vision Council and moving their annual meetings and trade shows to Vision Expo West in Las Vegas, Nevada. The decision of the task force on the merger includes the retention of the name of OLA and...
- COLA Holds Annual Spring Meeting, Presents Awards. Walker, Christie // Vision Monday;5/21/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses the highlights of the 2007 annual meeting of the California Optical laboratory Association that was held in Temecula, California. The 2007 Good Fellow Award was given to Katz & Klein's Mike Francesconi. Twenty-two optical laboratories participated in the program that...
- Join the Club. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p28
The article features several optical laboratory associations in the U.S. The California Optical Laboratories Association holds annual meeting with educational seminars on subjects related to optical laboratories and lab customers. Global Optics Inc., an exclusive optical group aims to enable...
- Overheard at the OLA 2011. WALKER, CHRISTIE // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 02E, p16
The article discusses the 116th Annual Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) 2011 meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada with the theme "Tradition + Vision = The Future." The attendees include Kevin Bargman of Hawkins Optical and OLA president and OLA vice president Mike Francesconi of Katz & Klein. The...
- Camera Club. // PSA Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p42
This article focuses on several ways of attracting photographers to join camera clubs in the U.S. The simplest, and least expensive, is to have the upcoming meetings listed in the local newspaper. Most large newspapers have a column on club events, or upcoming activities. Some towns have weekly...
- Mount Vernon. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Fall2004, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p38
Presents photographs of the chapter meeting of the American Society of Military Comptrollers Mount Vernon chapter in 2004.
- Tri-State. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Fall2004, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p40
Presents photographs of the meeting of the American Society of Military Comptrollers Tri-State chapter in 2004.
- seen. // FoodService Director;9/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p12
Photographs taken during the 49th Dietary Managers Association (DMA) Annual Meeting and Expo in Atlanta, Georgia are presented, including attendees checking products from NestlÃ© Healthcare Nutrition.