Barnardo's puts alternative Queen's speech on MySpace
- Financial data? I've got a load of it to shift at the lock-up. // Third Sector;2/7/2012, Issue 693, p15
The article presents news briefs related to the charity industry in Great Britain including the winners of the Transforming Local Infrastructure fund, the Office for Civil Society's experience of information control at the social networking site Twitter when it announced winners and losers for...
- This holiday season, giving back means having fun. Howley, Lauren // Pipe Dream;12/14/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 25, p13
The article offers information on the fun ways to spend the holiday season helping out charitable programs toward a good cause over the Internet and other gadgets.
- Help the Aged in network site link. // Marketing (00253650);11/29/2006, p11
The article reports that the organization Help the Aged is aiming to boost donations by linking up with social networking Web site www.meRemembered.com. The site allows members to share their life stories, keep in touch with friends, and track down acquaintances. The Help the Aged Web site will...
- With a Little Help from Twitter. Barack, Lauren // School Library Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p12
The article reviews the online school charity web site and social networking service "Donors Choose," found at www.donorschoose.org.
- Be on the starting grid at Toytown�. Warrell, Helen // Third Sector;7/23/2008, p1
The article offers information on the race organized by social entrepreneur networking website UnLtdWorld using children's tricycles and tractors to be held in London, England in August 2008. The event aims to raise money for social enterprises and charities. Thirty teams will participate on the...
- Immigration service honors quality guru. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/4/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p26
No abstract available.
- Untitled. // Learning Disability Practice;Jun2008, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
The article announces that the charity Contact a Family has opened an advice centre in the online virtual world, Second Life. The new virtual advice centre is staffed during advertised opening hours by a parent adviser. According to Contact a Family, mothers exhausted by their intensive caring...
- IT intelligence. Fidler, Sue // Third Sector;11/6/2008, p22
The author discusses the rise of social networking sites on the Internet. According to him, most of these sites allow charities to create some form of group that the public can participate and provide the option for supporters to donate to the charity through the groups they join. However, he...
- TIP: SEVEN WAYS TO BOOST FUNDRAISING RESULTS. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Mar2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
The article offers tips from Barry Ward, co-founder and managing director of the Not for Profit Group, to nonprofit organization for increasing their fundraising results. He states that the organization should focus on using the social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Also, he...