New Yanmar engines and Twin Disc "QuickShift" transmissions transform training vessel
- North Star celebrates 16 years distributing Tonanco transmissions. // Ausmarine;Aug2008, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p40
The article evaluates Tonanco Marine Transmissions distributed by North Star Transmissions.
- Transmissions. // Boating;Sep2008, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p37
The article focuses on the importance of the engine transmission on the motorboats.
- Floating `black box' for ships in distress. // Interavia Business & Technology;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 587, p48
Reports on Inmarsat's development of a Status Recording buoy to remotely monitor critical parameters on ships at sea. Monitoring of position, course, speed, excess water in the bilge, status of bow and stern doors and hull stresses.
- PROFESSOR DIESEL. B., Paul // Power & Motoryacht;Aug2009, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p28
The article provides an answer to a question related to changing the fluid in marine transmissions.
- Gettin' It in Gear (Part 1). Dawson, Dudley // Yachting;Jul2011, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p18
The article talks about the fundamental concept of marine transmissions deployed in yacht construction, specifically on a traditional system with a diesel engine, inclined shaft and submerged propeller.
- Transmission cable. HELLYAR-BROOK, ROGER // Soundings: Real Boats, Real Boaters;Sep2014, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p56
The article offers information on transmission cables used in transmission drive selector on ships. It mentions that control cables most commonly used are known as 3300 or 33c and adhere to an industry standards so that spacing, throw and threads are identical. It informs that the outer jacket...
- AMERICA'S LARGEST YACHTS. // Power & Motoryacht;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p53
The article presents the periodical "Power & Motoryacht" (PMY)'s list of the largest yachts in the U.S. It says that the Rising Sun reported a 28 knot speed due to the installation of 12,000-horsepower (hp) maximum transmission unit (MTU) series 8000s. It adds that the Idol underwent an interior...
- ZUPÄŒANI PRIJENOSI BRODSKOG PORIVNOG SUSTAVA. Koljesnikov, Olja; Bukša, Ante // Pomorstvo / Journal of Maritime Studies;2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p515
The paper provides a survey of gear transmissions in marine propulsion system gearboxes which transmit a torque and reduce the rotational speed of the main propelling engine into the rotational speed of the ship's propeller. Gear transmissions in marine propulsion system gearboxes are divided...
- Measured Transmission Loss--A Key to Improved Sonar Performance Prediction. Pittenger, Richard; Wiseman, Charles H. // Sea Technology;Jan2015, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p47
This article sets forth qualitative rationale for utilizing in-situ acoustic measurement of transmission loss to improve the accuracy of predicted sonar performance. Topics covered include the benefits of in-situ acoustic measurement of transmission loss, the process of in-situ measurements by...