OTEN offers a start to a Career in the Maritime Industry
- Call me captain. West, Ted // Yachting;Feb98, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p48
Discusses the fundamentals of the captain's license preparatory courses offered to aspiring captains in the United States. Minimum requirement for commercial operation; Subject areas covered by the Coast Guard licensing examination; Cost of the training programs.
- Ramage Sailors Hoist ESWS Pennant: 100 Percent Qualified. Rempe, Taylor; Hunnicutt, Steven // All Hands;Mar2002, Issue 1019, p10
Reports that sailors aboard USS Ramage have hoisted the Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist (ESWS) pennant for earning individual qualifications. Challenges in the process; Details on the ESWS program; Views on the qualification program.
- CARPE DIEM Seize the Day. Watson, Jim // All Hands;Sep2001, Issue 1013, p14
Reports on the simulated Visit, Boarding, Search and Seizure training of the sailors of United States Ship Roosevelt at Naval Training Center in Mayport, Florida.
- Sun and screens. Garnsey, Elizabeth; Begley, Laura // Travel & Leisure;Dec96, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p36
Highlights the new Computer University at Sea program, which offers computer-related classes aboard the `Crystal Symphony' ship. Ship's world voyage itinerary; Travel rates.
- Unique education opportunities aboard ocean-going cruise ship. // Ausmarine;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p33
The article announces the joint program of Macquarie University and five other universities that offers undergraduate and postgraduate education aboard a passenger ship called Scholar Ship.
- Saving USS RECRUIT. CARTER, HOWARD // Sea Classics;Feb2016, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on the USS Recruit, a boot camp ship turned naval training center located near Lindbergh Field, San Diego, California, which includes its history, weapons exhibit and restoration.
- Dar Pomorza Remains Afloat. Tsanov, Miroslav // Maritime Life & Traditions;Winter2006, Issue 33, p76
This article provides information on the ship Dar Pomorza. It was used as a sail-training ship by the German Schoolship Association until World War I. The Pomeranian National Fleet Committee bought the ship in 1929 and renamed it Dar Pomorza in 1930 to give honour to the people of Pomorze who...
- ALL TOO REAL. D. D. // Yachting;Oct2010, Vol. 208 Issue 4, p64
The article offers information on the training events for captains hosted by Italian yachts builder Lorezo Benetti.
- Fishing sets the balance right. La Blache, Virginie // European Education;Summer96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p114
Reports on a maritime vocational program which offers a Certificate of Professional Aptitude (CAP) program. Components of the program; Program as a way of meeting sailors' continuing education needs; Courses in the certification program.