Stuart Ballantyne -- a Greenie in disguise?
- PODER to the people. Cusac, Anne-Marie // Progressive;Mar97, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on People Organized in Defense of Earth and her Resources (PODER), a group of Chicano environmental activists in East Austin, Texas. Description of some of PODER's activities; PODER's campaign for the relocation of Browning Ferris International Recycling Plant.
- HAPPY TRAILS. McManus, Reed // Sierra;May/June2001, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the wilderness outings of the Sierra Club in the United States since 1901. Goal of High Trips, an annual summer outing which was done until 1972; Information on the Sierra Club Outings program; Details on the commitment of the club to environment conservation; Objective of service...
- Greens Crying Wolf. Yarbrough, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;08/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p66
Comments on the awareness of environmentalists in relation to environment protection in California. Details on prevention of a tree replacement plan; Allegations of pollution directed at the city government of San Diego; Contention on the interference of environmentalist groups; Query on the...
- Graying of the greens. Blair, Tim; Cole-Adams, Kate // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/17/95, Issue 28, p96
Reports on the changes in Australian conservation movement. Shifting loyalties; Relationship between the small and the larger environmental groups; Cooperation with the government and the industry; Differences over governmental funding; Environment's role in the Federal election; Re-electionist...
- For many, environmental action means return to roots. // National Catholic Reporter;07/30/99, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on Catholic environmental programs of the Sisters of Earth group in the United States. Comments from members of the organization; Purpose of planting organic gardens in Iowa's Mount Carmel motherhouse; Features of Michaela Farm in Indiana; Activities of the organization outside the...
- Seizing the reins. Saunders, Jade // New Internationalist;Jun99, Issue 313, p28
Lists associations that may be of help to environmental activists around the world. Includes Friends of the Earth in New South Wales; Canadian Environmental Network of Canada; Recommended books.
- NWF Launches Earth Day Program To Lead Into 1990s. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May90, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the National Wildlife Federation's selection of Earth Day 1990 as the symbolic rallying point for the next generation of environmentalists in the United States. Launch of the 1990s as the Decade of the Environment; Activities and publications that the federation has lined up for...
- Green groups fall foul of Russian security police. MacKenzie, Debora // New Scientist;10/28/95, Vol. 148 Issue 2001, p7
Reports on the hostility displayed by the Russian community towards foreign environmental groups working in Russia. Russian police's charges of spying against a Norwegian environmental group; Newspaper and television reports' accusing of foreign environmentalists of being spies.
- South Carolina. DeLong, Matthew // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Jan2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p47
This article reports that South Carolina grassroots conservative conservation groups Republicans for Environmental Protection (REP) and ConservAmerica have launched a campaign to educate voters and reframe the issue in terms conservative voters can identify with. The campaign was launched...