Boswell: Coral Sea "no take" zone a "very real threat."
- Boswell: Coral Sea Conservation Zone "just a con" after all. // Ausmarine;Nov2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the claim by opposition National Party senator Ron Boswell that the move by former Australian Environment Minister Peter Garrett to declare interim emergency protection of the whole Coral Sea in 2009 was just meant to placate the green organizations.
- Flying the National Party colours--75 years on. Boswell, Ron // Australia & World Affairs;Summer96, Issue 27, p35
Presents the author's address before a dinner in Melbourne, Australia in September 1995 on the occasion of the National Party of Australia's 75th anniversary. Beginnings of the party; Increase in political representation; Respect for the traditions of Australian life; Party's list of achievements.
- Senator Boswell: Labor and Greens oppose inquiry into marine parks. // Ausmarine;Jul2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that Queensland senator Ron Boswell has criticized the Australian government for blocking an inquiry into the marine reserves bill proposed by Environment Minister Tony Burke in June 2012, arguing that such move shows a lack of concern for the country's fishing industry.
- Senator Ron Boswell starts marine parks petition. // Ausmarine;Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
The article informs that Queensland Senator Ron Boswell has started a petition to collect the signatures of citizen for opposing the federal government's plan regarding marine park.
- Sickening, stomach churning pap. Baird, Neil // Ausmarine;Feb2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p5
The author criticizes Parliamentary Secretary to the Australian Minister for Agriculture Richard Colbeck for not knowing about Australian fisheries life, and advises him to listen to and learn from his colleague Senator Ron Boswell rather than the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA).
- Coalition to move amendments to overturn fishing convictions. // Ausmarine;Oct2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the plan of the Federal Coalition to move amendments that would overturn criminal convictions on fishermen caught fishing in green zones prior to December 14, 2006, according to Queensland Senator Ron Boswell. The amendments will remove the criminal records of 324...
- Australian senator warns against fisheries job losses in Cairns. // Ausmarine;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p14
The article presents a warning from Australian National Party Senator Ron Boswell on job losses in Cairns due to the development of new marine reserves in the Gulf of Carpentaria and the Coral Sea.
- WHITE-BOAT BRIGADE. Brenchley, Fred // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/8/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6345, p12
Reports the partnership between Australian Senator Ron Boswell and American multi-millionaire John Roth for the creation of super yachts in Australia. Aim of the senator to make the country a super yacht base in the world; Business input on tax credit; Establishment of tourism market in the...
- Pew's Coral Sea "no-take" agenda is alive and well. // Ausmarine;Mar2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p16
The article focuses on the move by U.S.-based environmental group Pew Charitable Trust to turn 972,000 square kilometers of the Coral Sea into a "no-take-zone." It states that zone is still active according to Australian Senator Ron Boswell and the move of the Pew group undermines the confidence...