Time Warner Cutting 350 Jobs in Colorado
- After the layoff: Closing the barn door before all the horses are gone. Ford, Robert C.; Perrewe, Pamela L. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p34
Discusses organizational management of companies experiencing downsizing, mergers and lay-offs. Factors in successful implementation of downsizing; Interrelationships of factors for effective downsizing; Issues to be resolved before downsizing ensues; Importance of communication in managing...
- After the pink slips... Noer, David M. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p42
Presents guidelines for managers on how to deal with company layoffs. Dealing with layoff survivors; Importance of communication in the layoff system; Telling the truth to employees. INSET: The rule-of-four cure for layoff survival sickness..
- Mad about layoffs. Stack, Jack // Inc.;May96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p21
Opinion. Asserts that the conventional wisdom that layoffs are inevitable is corporate insanity. The beating that American business has been taking; Why business leaders need to take responsibility for avoiding layoffs; Layoffs as a sign of management failure; Why layoffs are terrible for...
- Impact of layoff announcements on the market value of the firm. Gunderson, Morley; Verma, Anil // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring97, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p364
Presents a study which analyzes the effect of layoff announcements on the market's valuation of firms. Information on the study methodology; Reference to layoffs made by major Canadian firms; Results of the study.
- Military Program Changes, Cost-Cutting Measures Lead to Layoffs. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;2/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p13
The article offers information on the job losses and layoffs at various companies in San Diego, California in 2012, including Northrop Grumman Corp., Sony Electronics Inc., and Estancia La Jolla hotel.
- Main Street suffers, Wall Street rejoices. // U.S. News & World Report;12/20/93, Vol. 115 Issue 24, p11
Discusses how profitable corporations like Xerox and RJR Nabisco are axing workers. Predictions of how cuts would reduce 1994 costs; Wall Street reaction to cuts; Number of job eliminations in 1993.
- Will you survive the next layoff? Macdougall, Neil // CMA Magazine;Feb91, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p36
Offers tips to Canadian accountants on heeding the signs of a layoff. President's speeches; Best predictor of future work-force cuts; Vulnerability of middle-managers and administrative staff to mergers.
- Verizon Wireless to cut 800 jobs in consolidation. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p97
Reports on the plans of Verizon Wireless to layoff employees following the consolidation of the firm's regional and marketing operations in the United States. Details of the consolidation; Jobs to be affected; Timing of the announcement.
- `Bumstead, you're downsized!' August, Melissa; Emery, Margaret // Time;4/18/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p22
Provides a readers key to the 1993 annual reports from a number of American businesses that have been carefully crafted by top public-relations specialists. Information given includes the numbers of workers laid off and the annual report statement for IBM, Sears, Boeing, Philip Morris, Kodak,...
- Up to 230 jobs threatened by layoffs in Fresno area. Lindt, John // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/15/2012, p1
The article reports on the anticipated mass layoffs in 2012 in Fresno County, California.