- Playing the vendor game. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p4
Comments on issues related to the telecommunication industry. Breakup of the old monopolies in the 1980s; Leading companies in the consumer electronics business; Shift to business aggregation; Collaboration among mobile vendors.
- THE 50 INDUSTRIES THAT CONSTITUTE THE ADVANCED INDUSTRIES SECTOR. // Industry Week/IW;Mar2015, Vol. 264 Issue 2, p29
The article offers information on the 50 industries that comprise the advanced industries sector which include communications equipment, electrical equipment, and household appliances.
- Blog Bits. // Residential Systems;Jul2010, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
The article offers updates related to household electronics which include a consumers' guide in installing PLN3 adapters, a review of the SR-HD 1500 Blu-Ray recorder and the E3 event in Los Angeles, California.
- State has computers but lags Net hookup. // Crain's Detroit Business;07/12/99, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p23
Focuses on a United States Department of Commerce survey which found that Michigan households proportionally contain more computers and telephones than the national average. Percentage of households with Internet access; Collection of data on personal computer, telephone and Internet usage...
- QUICK FACT. // Convenience Store News;3/26/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p10
The article presents information on the presence of landline telephone connections in houses. According to the data from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about one in eight households did not have a landline telephones in the first half of 2006. While, in a household survey...
- Continued expansion of North American FTTH fueled by broad base of telecom providers. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Apr2012, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the number of North American households directly connected into optical fiber networks increased by 13 percent in 2010. According to the Fiber-to-the-Home Council, this indicates that telecommunications companies are continuing to upgrade to next-generation fiber to the...
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;9/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 182, p3
The article discusses the findings of a household survey conducted by Telephia concerning public perception on telecommunication systems in the U.S. More than half of the survey respondents disconnected their landlines after connecting to an Internet-based telephone service. Some of the...
- Rough trade in the corporate kindy. Bowes, Chris // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/31/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6116, p51
Presents information on consumer electronics and information technology for Australians as of March 31, 1998. Microsoft's intentions to control the hand-held personal computer (PC) market; Ericsson and Telstra starting commercial trials for a `personal assistant service' that uses a mobile...
- Wireless Phones To Draw From Replacement Well in '03. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/23/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p74
Focuses on several wireless phones to be displayed at the International Consumer Electronics Show to be held in January 2003. Other technologies to be offered by telecommunication companies related to wireless telephones; Increase in the popularity of color-screen phones; Expected increase in...