- TECHNO-SCOPE. Jamison, Elizebeth // Poptronics;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p21
Evaluates the High Definition Television (HDTV). Enhancement of video and audio quality by HDTV; Addition of personalized features in HDTV; Bandwidth requirements of HDTV; Economic aspects of HDTV.
- Fiber vs. Copper. Liles, Bennett // Sound & Video Contractor;Aug2005, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p32
Highlights a roundtable discussion among executives in the audio-visual equipment-related industries, regarding the fiber optics and copper conveyance media. Comparison between the cost per bandwidth of copper and fiber; Type of cabling used in digital audio; Impact of high-definition...
- Bandwidth cost issues slow uptake of HD in Asia. Sin, Karl // Telecom Asia;Mar2007 Supplement, Vol. 18, p8
The article discusses the slow uptake of high definition (HD) technology in Asia. According to the author, there is still a regional division when it comes to HD services in Asia and that other markets have not developed interests for the technology yet. One factor for the cause of delay is the...
- Smaller ops can regain an edge. Nucara, Joseph // CED;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p13
The article provides information on the challenges faced by small cable operators due to the increasing demand of the services including high-definition television and Internet protocol video delivery in the U.S. It states that the consumer interest is changing from traditional cable to high...
- The IPTV/VOD LANDSCAPE. Bloom, Max // Streaming Media;Apr/May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the benefits of the internet protocol television with video-on-demand capability (IPTV/VOD) on the high-definition (HD) television. IPTV has been anticipated to be used in the personal computers and television. This will provide better service to customers because they are...
- French research consortium to investigate HEVC compression of UHDTV. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/ 1/2012, p9
The article focuses on the 4EVER research program by a French research consortium aimed at reducing the bandwidth needed to deliver Ultra High Definition Television (UHDTV) using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC).
- ATEME kicks off ultra-HDTV plan. Young, Jake // TVB Europe;May2012, p6
The article reports on the move of ATEME SA, a global provider of compression solutions, to launch a research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC).
- Understanding the Bandwidth Puzzle. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p62
Deals with bandwidth management in high definition television (HDTV). Reasons behind the visual intensity being provided by HDTV; Components of an HDTV picture; Details of a cable bandwidth; Connection between the HDTV channels and digital channels.
- Orbit CEO Talks HD. // Satellite Today;8/14/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 147, p5
The article reports that Orbit Satellite Television and Radio Network, the Middle Eastern direct-to-home operator, could soon be looking to launch high-definition (HD) TV services in the region. Samir Abdulhadi, Orbit's CEO, said that HDTV requires a lot of bandwidth and we are well placed to...