Malone Renews German Ambitions
- $5.2 bil buy brings Liberty to Germany. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;11/16/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 16, p3
The article offers information on the 5.2 billion dollars acquisition of Unitymedia based in Cologne, Germany by Liberty Global Inc.
- Vodafone, Liberty Global Speculation Raises Questions. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;9/12/2014, p00
Vodafone's apparent interest in acquiring Liberty Global, Europe's No. 1 cable TV firm, raises questions over Vodafone's ability to deliver on wireless growth, says RBC Capital Markets.
- LG buying Swiss b'band cabler. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/4/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 11, p51
The article reports that only days after brass of John Malone's Liberty Global Inc. (LG) signaled that the company remains hungry for acquisitions, LG unveiled an agreement to acquire Switzerland's largest broadband cable operator, Cablecom Holdings AG, for nearly $2.2 billion. The transaction,...
- Liberty Global offers to sell Film1 in Netherlands to secure Ziggo deal. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Cable operator Liberty Global has reportedly offered to sell off its pay-TV channel Film1 as part of its concessions to gain approval in its bid to acquire Dutch player Ziggo.
- Liberty Global, John Malone Snap Up Cable & Wireless. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/16/2015, p00
The article focuses on the move of Liberty Global PLC, the telecommunications and television company, to acquire Cable & Wireless Communications PLC in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $5.3 billion. It provides an overview about Cable & Wireless a well as features Liberty Global and Liberty Media...
- Lionsgate and Liberty: A Complex Courtship. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;11/27/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 39, p30
The article reports on the merger being planned by U.S. businessman John Malone with entertainment company Lions Gate. Topics include Malone's announcement that mass media company Discovery Communications and television company Liberty Global, in which he owns stakes, had purchased a 3.4% share...
- Credit Suisse head of European credit sales fined Â£210k. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/13/2012, p17
The article reports that the British Financial Services Authority (FSA) has fined Credit Suisse AG's head of European credit sales Nicholas Kyprios of 210,000 pounds for improper market conduct and disclosing client confidential information. Credit Suisse acted on behalf of Liberty Global Inc....
- Liberty to fund new LatAm division through US$1.4bn bond issue. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the statement of John Malone, chairman of U.S.-based telecommunication group Liberty Global, stating that the company Global plans to create a new Latin America division incorporating its Chilean and Puerto Rican operations.
- TEUTON TV THRILLER. KIRSCHBAUM, ERIK // Daily Variety;11/16/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 31, p5
The article reports that Liberty Global Inc., a broadband cable television operator, is expanding its business in Germany by buying the firm Unitymedia from a private equity group for 5.2 billion dollars. The contract was signed when Unitymedia, owned by BC Partners Ltd. and Apollo Management...