Through the Wire
- House To Weigh Bill Making Cost Bigger Factor In DoD Contract Contests. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;4/28/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p7
The article reports that the U.S. House is set to weigh an amendment to the Pentagon acquisition. This is a reform bill which is the Implementing Management for Performance and Related Reforms to Obtain Value in Every (IMPROVE) Acquisition Act of 2010 that aims to expand the defense-industrial...
- Last-Ditch Effort for a COLA Increase, a Spending Hike for a Popular Perk and More. // Government Executive;10/21/2015, p1
The article focuses on the U.S. Seniors Deserve a Raise Act, a legislative bill introduced by U.S. Representative for Florida Alan Grayson under which federal retirees will receive 2.9 percent cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) from 2016. It presents views of Grayson, on the requirement of raising...
- As campaign gathers pace, Senate bills sink. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;7/30/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p1
The article reports on the impact of the campaign season to the approval of bills in the U.S. Senate, particularly Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's energy reform bill.
- CONGRESSIONAL UPDATE. // Contract Management;Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p82
The article provides an update on U.S. legislation and regulations in the U.S. The Senate has passed the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act of 2010 for federal agencies. The House has passed the Democracy is Strengthened by Casting Light on Spending in Elections (DISCLOSE) Act that...
- Interchange Limits Play Key Role in Tester Race. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;5/4/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 69, p1
The article reports how the U.S. Durbin interchange amendment, which is scheduled to go into effect on July 21, 2011, is affecting the re-election campaign of Senator Jon Tester, a Democrat from Montana. Opposition to his legislative bill to delay implementation of debit interchange fee...
- Webster vs. Grayson. // Human Events;9/20/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 32, p16
The article looks at the ideology of Democrat Representative Alan Grayson who oppose the healthcare bill, as against his Republican opponent State Senator Dan Webster who will both run for Florida's 8th U.S. House District in November 2010.
- QUOTE WALL. // Harvard Salient;2/1/2010, p2
The article presents a quote from Florida Congressman Alan Grayson when he responded to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in the case Citizens United versus Federal Election Commission.
- Reid, Pelosi Put Immigration Bill Before Climate Debate. Holly, Chris // Energy Daily;4/23/2010, Issue 76, p3
The article reports on the decision by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to prioritize an immigration reform bill over a climate change bill. The approval of an immigration bill would benefit the re-election campaign of Reid in Nevada. Dealing with an...
- Pajamas Government. Cogan, Marin // New Republic;10/7/2009, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p15
The article profiles Florida Congressman Alan Grayson. A discussion of Grayson's involvement in campaigns against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and of his unconventional methods of addressing the media and his constituents is presented. A lack of political support which Grayson has seen in...