- ITU recognizes CDMA 1xEV-DO as 3G IMT-2000 standard. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p23
Talks about the recognition of the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 1xEV-DO as a Third Generation IMT-2000 standard by the International Telecommunication Union according to the CDMA Development Group.
- CDG offers compromise on 3G, but not on chip rate. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on CDMA Development Group's release of a proposal that would harmonize third-generation technology and avoid a potential deadlock within the International Telecommunication Union over intellectual property rights. Push for the convergence of cdma2000 technology.
- CDMA technology growing by leaps and bounds. // Caribbean Business;10/2/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p35
Reports on the number of subscribers added by Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) carriers in the second quarter of 2003 according to CDMA Development Group; Total number of CDMA users; Average annual growth rate; Percentage of user who use third-generation technology;
- CDMA2000 HIGHLIGHTS MIGRATION FROM 2G TO 3G CDMA SERVICES. // Tele-Service News;Feb2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the release of the third quarter subscriber statistics for CDMA2000ï¿½ by the CDMA Development Group. The statistics highlighted the migration from second-generation to third-generation code division multiple access (CDMA) services in both emerging and developed...
- The EV-DO/Wi-Fi challenge. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p50
Comments on the assurance from CDMA Development Group on the safety of using Wi-Fi. Exploration of the role of Wi-Fi technology in a cdma2000 1x EV-DO network; Possibility of Wi-Fi in substituting EV-DO; Comparison of Wi-Fi technology with EV-DO.
- shifting handsets into High Gear. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p34
Reports on the benefits of the involvement of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) with the CDMA Development Group in driving more cellular phones through the certification and into the marketplace. Problems faced by the code division multiple access industry in the...
- CDMA BEING USED BY MORE THAN 100 MILLION PEOPLE IN INDIA. // Worldwide Telecom;Jul2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
This article reports on the announcement made by the CDMA Development Group (CDG) that there are more than 100 million code division multiple access (CDMA) subscribers in India in July 2009. The figure made India the world's second-largest CDMA market. The CDG attributed the growth of CDMA users...
- CDG signs cooperation with 450 MHz association. // RCR Wireless News;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by the CDMA Development Group with the International 450 Association to cooperate on promoting CDMA2000 technologies in the 450 MHz band worldwide. Other areas where the companies will cooperate.
- Iraqi Contracts Spark More Controversy. // Wireless Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the controversy over the announcement of regional wireless communications contract winners made by the Iraqi Ministry of Communications. Companies which won the regional contracts; Statement issued by the CDMA Development Group on the results of the Iraqi wireless contract awards;...