Ring In The Rock 'N Roll
- Wireless users are hanging up on their land-line service. Austin, Darrin // Business Journal (Central New York);07/16/99, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the popularity of wireless telephones in the United States. Disconnection of land-line service; Convenience of having a wireless phone; Increased competition in the wireless industry; Potential land-line displacement by wireless.
- Short Takes. // Network World;1/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p27
Reports on developments in the U.S. telecommunications industry as of January 6, 2003. Spectrum swapping between Cingular Wireless and AT&T Wireless that aims to expand their wireless network coverage; Announcement of digital subscriber lines provider Southwestern Broadband Holdings to shut...
- Wireless Usage Soars To Three Hours Per Month. // Wireless Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the increase in use of wireless phones in the United States. Increase in local airtime use in 1999; Average monthly bill; Implications of the data.
- Satellite Phones. Fitzgerald, Megan // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the trends in satellite and communications technology in the United States. Development of handheld phones; Details on Global Mobile Personal Communications by Satellite; Advantages of satellite phones.
- Cordless phones. Elrich, David // Country Living;Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p92
Presents information on cordless telephones. Its similarity with radio; Features to look for a cordless telephone; List of cordless telephones and their features. INSET: Buying smart.
- Cell phones: What's best for you. // Good Housekeeping;Mar98, Vol. 226 Issue 3, p144
Discusses the information that one needs to know before buying cell phones. Two types of cellular technology; Advantages of the digital service over analog; How service-plan charges are calculated; Buying a backup battery. INSET: Foiling cellular fraud.
- 2.4GHz DSS Gaining Cordless Share. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p34
Reports the increase of 2.4GHz Digital Spread Spectrum (DSS) cordless telephone sales in New York, New York. Reasons for the increase; Comments of executives on the impact of DSS sales on the telecommunication industry; Variety of options confronted by consumers.
- 91% Of Public Served By 3+ Carriers: FCC. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p35
Reports data on wireless telephone subscribers and carriers in the United States as of the year 2000.
- Cell Mates. Elliott, Christopher // Entrepreneur;Nov99, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the move of United States legislators to device rules that would limit the use of cellular phones. Number of bills concerning cellular phones since 1995; Risk posed by using cellular phones while driving; Tips in using cellular phones.
- New wireless telephone technology could be formidable foe for cellular. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;4/29/96, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
Anticipates the possible offering of the Personal Communications System, a form of wireless digital telephone technology, in Tucson, Arizona, by the end of 1996. Features; Comparison with cellular counterparts; System description.