Test Equipment Makes The Grade
- Portable potential. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;7/31/95, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the role of portable equipments in network testing. Changes of networks in makeup and content; Complexity of test remote systems; Problems with remote test systems. INSET: A high volume solution (LinkUSA's call generator product)..
- TCS Part Of $10 Billion-Ceiling Army GTACS Award. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;11/7/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 26, p1
The article announces the $10 billion contract awarded by Global Tactical Advanced Communication Systems (GTACS) to Telecommunication Systems Inc. (TCS).
- Testing digital cellular equipment. Jenkins, Eben // Cellular Business;Aug97, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p34
Emphasizes the need for wireless communication carriers to consider test equipment that will best bridge the gap from analog to digital technologies. Choices among base-station test solutions; Developments in portable spectrum analyzer for off-air spectrum monitoring; Overview of test...
- Test, Measurement, and Management. Shine, Bob; Li-Dessau, Kathy; Cason, Steve // Lightwave;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p51
Discusses a measurement method using a swept-wavelength laser source to characterize the components used in wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) systems. Channel spacing of dense-WDM (DWDM) systems; Wavelength characterization method using a broadband source and an optical spectrum analyzer...
- TTC tests competitive waters. // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Dynatech Corp.'s acquisition of Wavetek Wandel Golterman Inc. challenges telecom testing equipment market leader Agilent Technologies Inc.
- CeBIT report. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 1997. Includes the formation of a joint-venture of Libertel and Electronic Data Systems to offer customers a complete mobile communications package; China's State Council's approval of China United Telecommunications Corp.'s...
- Advice from Adland. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the competition among telecommunications service providers. Money that will be wasted on advertising; Proliferation of multiple products and services.
- CDMA in Israel, the Philippines. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Reports on developments related to telecommunication as of January 1998. Israel's Phone Communication's contract with Motorola to deploy first code division multiple access cellular network; Philippines Telegraph and Telephone's contract with Qualcomm.
- Data warehousing: Managing knowledge. Handen, Larry; Boyle, Patricia // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the role of data warehousing in the telecommunication industry. Effects of deregulation, globalization and partnering; Technical architecture of data warehouse.