- Sanders unit to go it alone. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;06/14/99, Vol. 236 Issue 24, p14
Announces the creation of Transcept owned by Spencer Trask and Company and Lockheed Martin. Focus of the company; Comments from Steven Johnson, future president of the company; Views of Elliott Hamilton, senior vice president of Strategis Group on PCS-over-cable systems.
- New capital venture group hoping to play matchmaker. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p13
Focuses on the venture capital operations of Spencer Trask & Co. in Westchester County, New York. Background of the firm's establishment in 1998; Deals on which Spencer Trask built its reputation.
- Funding in millions for collaboration. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/31/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the completion of a 7.3 million dollar funding initiative for InnoCentive Inc. by Spencer Trask Ventures Inc. in Connecticut. According to InnoCentive's chief executive officer (CEO) Dwayne Spradlin, the completion of such funding will allow them to accelerate their...
- Let there be lease. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/22/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 51, p23
The article reports on the signing of a sublease for 17,000 square feet of space by the chairman of Spencer Trask & Co. Kevin Kimberlin at 1700 East Putnam Ave. in Greenwich, Connecticut on the decision to relocate their headquarters in 2008 from New York City. It states that Richard Ellis has...
- Business Briefs. // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p28
Presents news briefs related to the telecommunication industry as of May 14, 2001. Funds raised by Transcept company in a financing organized by Spencer Trask Ventures company; Net loss posted by Relm Wireless Corp. in the first quarter of 2001; Move of Ericsson to sign the ENGINE Integral...
- Lockheed Martin to sell Sanders telecom business. // RCR;06/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p8
Announces Lockheed Martin Corp.'s agreement to sell operating company Sanders Telecommunications Systems to Transcept Inc., an affiliate of Spencer Trask & Co. Terms of the deal.
- Transcept, CoLocation Technologies to partner on RF distribution. Smith, Hilary // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p83
Reports partnership plans between Transcept Inc. and CoLocation Technologies LLC to provide solutions for radio frequency distribution in the United States. Business profile; Presentation of base station transceiver devices; Signal transmission capabilities of transceiver devices; Usability of...
- Low-key, Low-cost Technology For Sending Wireless Over Wires. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p78
Reports on the low-cost technology offered by Transcept Inc. for reception, backhaul and transmission of radio-frequency signals between handsets and the base transceiver stations. Advantages of the technology; Comments from company president Steven Johnson; Target of Transcept.
- Transcept begins business apart from Sanders. // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p28
Reports on the inception of Transcept Inc. as an independent, privately held company separate from Sanders. Company focus; Plans for expanding its existing Code Division Multiple Access product line.