Equipment Sector Staggers
- movements. // Telecom Asia;Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p11
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication systems in Asia in 2008. Motorola Inc. has reported a decrease profit in the second quarter and revealed that they had shipped more cellphones than in the first quarter. Ericsson Inc. and STMicroelectronics Inc. unveiled plans to create...
- Motorola Adds To Layoffs, Revises Q3 Sales To Flat. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p37
Reports the plan of Motorola to eliminate additional jobs in the United States. Reduction of company-wide workforce; Number of employees dismissed; Vision of the company to improve profitability in telecommunication industry.
- Modem Vendors Plagued by Low Margins. // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p12
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Dismissal of employees at Com21; Closure of the development center of Com21 in Maryland; Deals of Ericsson with cable operators.
- Wireless phone fumbles. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the problems of wireless phone companies. Profit margins of Motorola; Sales rating of Ericsson; Plan of Motorola to outsource production to Flextronics International and de-emphasize lower-margin phones.
- GETTING THE MESSAGE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;5/7/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p58
Focuses on the Wireless Village project of Ericsson AB, Nokia Oyj and Motorola Incorporated. Aim of the project; Concern of developers working on wireless text and multimedia messaging technology; Likely result if the work is successful.
- Motorola Assures, Ericsson Warns. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the assurance made by Motorola to its investors that it will meet its production numbers in 2000 as Ericsson acknowledged that its sales may fall short. Number of handsets Motorola expects to produce; Market share targeted by Ericsson.
- Foreign telecommunications suppliers rush into China. // Asian Business Review;Dec97, p54
Reports that foreign telecommunications suppliers rush into China after President Jiang Zemin confirmed that China will keep opening its market to foreign investment. Percentage of China's cellular phone equipment being supplied by Ericsson; Expansion and broadening of the production of...
- Nokia, Ericsson, Moto Call Up New Movie Roles. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;04/02/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p10
Focuses on the plans of three telecommunication companies for placement deals for various motion pictures in the United States in 2001. Promotions for the film `Cats and Dogs' from Nokia; Plan of Motorola to align with stars in the industry for its products; Targeted movies of Ericsson for its...
- Infrastructure Awards. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p22
Presents a list of contracts awarded to several international wireless telecommunication companies in February 2004. Ericsson; Motorola; Nokia; Siemens.