Netro Corp. Cuts Costs
- Netro revenues drop drastically. // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the drop in revenues of Netro Corp. for the second quarter of 2001. Comparison of the company's net loss for the same quarter in 2000 and 2001; Amount of the company's cash balance at the end of the quarter.
- Netro revenues decline significantly. // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the earnings of Netro Corp. for the second quarter that ended June 30, 2001. Factors that affect the revenues; Dismissal of employees.
- Taking on Timco. J.K. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p6A
No abstract available.
- Companies predict more job cuts before year end. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;6/4/2002, p2
Reports the plan of some organizations to make further dismissal of employees in 2002. Influence of redundancies on layoffing plans of firms; Use of redundancies to meet short-term changes in demand; Factors influencing the continuous carrying out of redundancies.
- Layoffs are double-edged swords for investors. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pB14
Focuses on implications of employee layoffs for investors of large companies in the United States. Impact of employee dismissals to businesses; Definition of layoff by Jack Kelly, managing director and analyst of Goldman Sachs; Prediction of the effect of the economy on businesses in the country.
- Barratt secures loan but cuts 1,200 jobs. // Estates Gazette;7/12/2008, Issue 827, p33
The article reports on the success of Barratt Developments in securing a debt facility and renegotiating its banking covenants, and on its plan to cut 1,200 jobs in 2008-2009. Based on the article, the layoff aims to reduce costs by Â£40 million. It is said that investors doubted the ability...
- A Site for the Times. Nudd, Tim // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/18/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p30
Reports on the unity of advertising layoff victims in Austin, Texas. Creation of PlanetPinkSlip.com by ex-GSD&M employee Carlotta Stankiewicz; Web site for income challenged individuals; Minimal investment and traffic in the Net is building.
- Netro solution provides last-mile connectivity. // RCR;03/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the introduction of AirStar LM, an advanced fixed wireless broad-band solution, by Netro Corporation. What the solution was designed for; Intentions for the solution; Comments from Gideon Ben-Efraim, chief executive officer and president of Netro.
- California firm aims to bring ATM protocol to wireless industry. Pate, Kelly // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Reports that the telecommunications company Netro, of Santa Clara, California, is aiming to bring Asynchronous Transfer Model (ATM) protocol to the wireless industry. Advantages that wireless ATM offer over wireline networks; Statement from Mark Byington, Netro's vice president; Other...