Alcatel To Outsource Handset Production
- Late News. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
States that the company Alcatel signed a memorandum of understanding to outsource the European manufacturing of its GSM cellular phone handsets to Flextronics. Strategy of Alcatel; Discussions on the possible merger of Alcatel with Lucent Technologies Inc.; Financial condition of Alcatel.
- Kyocera outsources phone manufacturing to Flextronics. // RCR Wireless News;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p11
Deals with the decision of Kyocera Wireless Corp. to outsource the manufacturing and delivery of its mobile telephones to Flextronics International Ltd. Purpose of the outsourcing deal; Information on the marketing partners of Kyocera in global trade; Background on the operations of Flextronics.
- More Telecom outsourcing is OK'd. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;7/9/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p36
Reports on the deals made by telecommunication contractors as of July 2001. Decision of Solectron Corp. and Qualcomm Inc. to make a CDMA2000 1x handset design package; Plan of Alcatel to outsource the European manufacturing of its global system for mobile communication handsets to Flextronics...
- Alcatel's African coup. Aregbeyen, Segun // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2003, p29
Presents an update on the telecommunication industry in Africa as of March 2003. Details on Alcatel's global frame contract to build a national network for Nigeria's second operator Globalcom; Statement issued by Tunde Kaitel, head of marketing and communications at Globalcom regarding the...
- In a Fix. Williamson, Richard // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p47
Presents information on Local Multipoint Distribution Service (LMDS), a fixed wireless communication system. Use of fixed wireless system of telecommunication companies; Background of the LMDS spectrum auctioned by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Competition faced by...
- New Territory. Lesser, Dave // Telephony;08/09/99, Vol. 237 Issue 6, pPTN6
Focuses on factors that affect the telecommunications industry from 1989 to 1999. Information on the telecom industry of the early to mid-1980; Developments in wireline and wireless technologies; Implications of outsourcing non-revenue-producing functions of telephone companies.
- Wireless Carriers Keep It Simple. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p20
Deals with the growing trend among wireless communication companies to outsource the development of their network functions. Reasons behind the trend; Areas where wireless companies might need help from outsourcing; Outlook of Yankee Group toward the network integration services to carriers in...
- WASPs best for balancing mobile madness. Orubeondo, Ana // InfoWorld;02/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p50
Reveals the potential benefits from outsourcing wireless infrastructure. Two functions offered by a wireless application service provider (WASP); Most important elements in choosing a WASP; Suggestion before committing to a WASP.
- Alcatel debuts wireless gear. Cox, John // Network World;3/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
Reports that Alcatel plans to release its OmniAccess 4000 wireless LAN switches. Features and functions; Prices; Wireless security protocols supported by the switches.