TeleCorp PCS Pre-Announces Net Additions
- Telecorp PCS to introduce Two-Way Short Messaging Service. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p23
Reports that TeleCorp PCS Inc. launched its two-way Sunburst short messaging service in Puerto Rico. Key features of the company's short messaging service; Pros and cons of the service for consumers; Other target markets for the service.
- TeleCorp reports 145,000 subs in 4Q. // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
Cites the number of customers added by wireless telecommunication firm TeleCorp PCS Inc. to its subscriber base during the fourth quarter of 2000.
- TeleCorp PCS adds 145,231 net subscribers in 2000. // Caribbean Business;1/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on fourth quarter net client additions announced by holding firm TeleCorp PCS Inc., AT&T Wireless' largest affiliate, which conduct business in Puerto Rico under the SunCom brand. Creation of the holding company by the merger of TeleCorp Wireless Inc. and Tritel Inc.; Number of cell...
- SunCom to premiere Global System Mobile technology. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;12/14/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p37
Focuses on the decision of Puerto Rico-based wireless carrier TeleCorp PCS Inc. doing business as SunCom, to deploy third-generation wireless technology for mobile communications. Impact of selecting Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)-based technology on Suncom's service delivery;...
- TeleCorp reports increased revenue. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p49
Reports on the increase in the number of subscribers of wireless telecommunication carrier TeleCorp PCS Inc. for the first quarter of 2001. Decline in the company's revenue per user during the first quarter of 2000; Increase in the carrier's churn rate.
- TeleCorp PCS to use LHS Group's BSCS. // RCR;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p18
Reports that the LHS Group Inc. has formed a license and maintenance agreement with TeleCorp PCS Inc.
- TeleCorp turns on Lucent switch. // RCR;05/22/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the installation of a Lucent 5E switch in TeleCorp PCS Inc.'s facility in Little Rock, Arkansas to accommodate the company's westward network expansion.
- TeleCorp launches SMS, eyes instant messaging service. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the two-way short message service launched by TeleCorp PCS in all its markets on May 18, 2001. Purpose of the move; Percentage of TeleCorp's licensed population covered by TeleCorp network at the end of March 2001; Important part of TeleCorp's data strategy.
- Briefs. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;11/11/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p31
Reports on developments in telecommunications in Puerto Rico for the period ended November 11, 1999. TeleCorp PCS Inc.'s filing for an initial public offering with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Celulares Telefonica Inc.'s implementation of a billing system for pager...