Will Qualcomm Still Spin Off Spinco?
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p1
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s review of the need for and timing of its proposed initial public offering of its semiconductor business, Qualcomm Spinco Inc., which it plans to spin off.
- Lonza to Spin Off Polymer Intermediates. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/14/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 20, p14
The article reveals the plan of Lonza to spin off its polymer intermediates business via an initial public offering (IPO) of shares in the company's Lonza SpA subsidiary in Scanzorosciate, Italy as of June 14, 2006. The company gave no further details on the IPO, other than to say that the...
- Insurer IPO To Raise $460 Million. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p1
The article reports on the plan of a unit of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. to raise as much as $460.2 million in the spin-off of two subsidiaries. The subsidiaries were listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the new holding company Security Capital Assurance at an initial offering price of...
- LSI Files IPO Papers for Storage Systems Subsidiary. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Deals with the initial public offering filed by LSI Logic Corp. in anticipation of the spinoff of its storage systems business. Products of the subsidiary company; Value of the common stock offered by LSI; Focus of LSI after the divestiture.
- BNP Paribas Mulling Sale or IPO of First Hawaiian Unit. Kline, Alan // American Banker;12/28/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 198, p1
The article reports that multinational bank BNP Paribas SA considers a sale or initial public offering (IPO) of its subsidiary First Hawaiian Bank. It mentions that the bank is considering a spin off to meet capital requirements or capital ratio. It also mentions the return on equity and...
- Market stardom for divestiture IPOs. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the technique of divesting a subsidiary by initial public offerings (IPO) for restructuring companies with multiple businesses. Process involved in divestiture; Adverse effects of divestiture initial public offerings; Gains by Midwest Express Holdings Incorporated; Performance of the...
- Qualcomm drops semiconductor spinoff. // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the decision of Qualcomm Inc. to drop its spin off plan for its semiconductor business.
- Qualcomm Hangs Onto The Chips. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision of Qualcomm to cancel the spinoff of its its intellectual property rights business from the semiconductor business. Benefits of the spin off; Reasons for canceling the plan; Views of analysts on the reorganization of Qualcomm.
- Slumping Asian companies cash in on U.S. equity boom. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/01/99, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p8
Focuses on Asian companies' formula for raising capital. Stock offerings of non-core United States holdings; Spin-off strategy; Japan-based computer manufacturer Fujitsu Ltd.'s public offering plans for United States-based subsidiaries, DMR Consulting Group Inc. and Amdahl Corp.