AT&T Wireless Celebrates Its Independence
- AT&T Progeny Graduates. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p1
Explores telecommunication company AT&T Wireless Incorporated's prospects once it leaves parent company AT&T Corporation. AT&T Wireless' assets and debt as of the end of 2000; AT&T Wireless' revenue for the first quarter of 2001; Reason for the breakout of AT&T Wireless.
- AT&T Units Must Swim Alone. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p1
Reveals the options of AT&T Corp.'s wireless operations to respond to market changes to improve their performance in the telecommunication industry. Increase in the revenue of AT&T Wireless Group in the third quarter of 2000; View of some analysts on the reorganization of AT&T.
- AT&T Completes Exchange Offer. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the shares of telecommunication company, AT&T Corp. common stock that were traded for shares of AT&T Wireless tracking. Worth of AT&T Wireless shares, which could be used to pay debt; Advantage of AT&T Wireless from NTT DoCoMo investment.
- Don't Hang Up on Ma Bell... Yet. Boitano, Margaret // Fortune;5/29/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p258
The article reports on the dilemma being faced by AT&T chief executive officer Mike Armstrong in light of the poor stock showing of the company since 1998. Included in Armstrong's worries is AT&T Wireless, a part of his recovery plan, which fell below its initial offering price in less than a...
- AT&T Wireless reconnects with old parent on bundle. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the agreement between AT&T Corp. and AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to offer bundled wireline and wireless telecommunications services. Benefits of the service on the consumers; Benefits of the agreement on AT&T Wireless; Packet network technology of Sprint Corp.
- Tests in a tough market. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;7/2/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on the plans of AT and T Wireless to spin off its parent company AT and T Corp. and become an independent firm in the U.S. in 2001. Key issues discussed include the importance of choosing an advertising agency for positioning the new firm, agencies bidding for the account and...
- AT&T starts year defending itself in court. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on lawsuits filed against telecommunication firm AT&T Corp. and its AT&T Wireless Services Inc. in the United States.
- AT&T Wireless offering less than stellar. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p48
Reports that AT&T Corp. has completed the first part of its planned distribution of its stake in AT&T Wireless Inc. to its common shareholders as part of plans to reconfigure the company into several units in 2001. Details on the exchange offering; Reason for the reception of the AT&T...
- Fold into the giant. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the planned merger between AT and T Corp., and AT and T Wireless Services Inc., while indicating that Dan Hesse, the president and chief executive officer of the wireless company, will manage the customer-care units. Comments from Eileen M. Connolly, director of financial...