Wireless Pioneer Files Bankruptcy
- Wireless net runs at 100K bps. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;12/26/94-1/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p45
Presents information on Ricochet, a wireless network from Metricom Inc. which it plans to release in five major cities in 1995. Transmission speed of the network; Rates charged; Operating range in the wireless spectrum; Contact information for Metricom.
- Lightpole links. S.R.; O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Jul95, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p48
Reports on the introduction of Ricochet, a wireless computer network which forgoes the usual system of separate radio towers, by Metricom. Transmission mechanism; Features; Pricing.
- Metricom prepares wireless network. van Kirk, Doug // InfoWorld;5/30/94, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p3
Previews Metricom Inc.'s release of Ricochet, a spread-spectrum wireless network. Features.
- Freshman class. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;4/4/94, Vol. 11 Issue 13, pA/7
Focuses on the Ricochet wireless data network from Metricom Incorporation. Company chief executive officer Bob Dilworth; Campus beta tests; Service rates; Bay stations; Go-slow expansion plan.
- Metricom assets up for auction. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p4A
Reports on the bankruptcy of Metricom Inc. in San Jose, California. Auction of the assets of the firm; Application of lawsuit against Long Island Power Authority; Assessment of the bankruptcy court proceedings.
- Metricom files for Chapter 11. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;7/9/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the United States-based Metricom's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Dismissal of almost 400 employees; Factors contributing to the bankruptcy; Year-end financial performance in February 2001.
- Metricom Forced To Shut Down. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p3
Reports the bankruptcy filed by Metricom Inc. on July 2, 2001 in the U.S. Termination of several employees; Indication of ceasing business; Indication of selling assets on auction.
- Revamping Ricochet. Moore, Mark // PC Week;05/26/97, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p145
Informs about a suite of products and services that Metricom Inc. has introduced for its Ricochet wireless network. Metricom's Ricochet SE wireless modem for handheld personal computers; Ricochet Original Wireless Modem for desktop computers; Basic service plans for the modems; Other products...
- Link Library. // Interactive Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p15
Recommends several Web sites and its links for information about broadband, the United States Federal Communications Commission and Metricom bankruptcy. Online addresses of the sites.