The knowledge-to-action cycle: identifying the gaps
- Three steps to filling the gap. Goddard, Fay // Money Marketing;3/31/2011, p54
In this article the author discusses three steps on the issue of filling the gap in confronting RDR challenge namely analysis of gaps, learning interventions, and the review of intervention in the gap-fill sessions of PFS.
- Giving Raw Data a Chance to Talk: A Demonstration of Exploratory Visual Analytics with a Pediatric Research Database Using Microsoft Live Labs Pivot to Promote Cohort Discovery, Research, and Quality Assessment. Viangteeravat, Teeradache; Rao Nagisetty, Naga Satya V. // Perspectives in Health Information Management;Winter2014, p1
Secondary use of large and open data sets provides researchers with an opportunity to address high-impact questions that would otherwise be prohibitively expensive and time consuming to study. Despite the availability of data, generating hypotheses from huge data sets is often challenging, and...
- Picking A Strategy. Burt, Alaina // BEEF;Spring2009 Supplement, p26
The article discusses the steps 4 and 5 of the strategic planning for ranch operation. The step 4 and 5 introduce the process of conducting gap analysis and identifying strategies to close the gap in the U.S. It also mentions the gap analysis requires answering various questions which include...
- Successful sustainability planning has five key elements. Heggedahl, Jeff // Journal of Business (10756124);1/31/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, pB12
The article discusses the key elements of successful sustainability planning. It mentions that the functioning data tracking and reporting systems are important as access to data can help a company to gain greater understanding of their energy consumption. It further mentions that employees of a...
- HIT roundup. // Medical Device Daily;12/13/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 240, p4
The article reports that Maryland's regional extension center Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients has signed up its 200th clinician.
- Paper Covers State HIE Best Practices. // Health Data Management;May2010, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p14
The article states that a report published by Thomson Reuters which lists the 10 best practices for statewide health information exchanges includes the need to immediately involve physicians and other clinicians in the U.S. when deciding on the services most advantageous to them.
- Re-pediatric laparoscopy: Facts and factitious claims. Deshpande, Aniruddh V. // Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p79
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Pediatric laparoscopy: Facts and factitious claims," by V. Raveenthiran in the previous issue.
- Survey to assess the role of pharmacy technicians and nonpharmacist staff in the operation of research pharmacies. SIDEN, RIVKA; TAMER, HELEN R.; SKYLES, AMY J.; DOLAN, CHRISTOPHER S.; PROPES, DENISE J.; REDIC, KIMBERLY // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p1877
Purpose. Results of a survey assessing trends and innovations in the use of pharmacy technicians and other nonpharmacist staff in the research pharmacy setting are reported. Methods. A Web-based survey was distributed to Internet communities of members of the American Society of Health-System...
- Mind the Gap. Grieve, George // TechDecisions;Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p28
The author talks about the use of gap analysis in requirements gathering. He argues that the gap analysis phase in requirements gathering is often the root cause of many problems that arise on third party software implementation projects. He believes that in gap analysis, no carrier company...