Management of acute asthma in adults in the emergency department: nonventilatory management
- Asthma attacks and deprivation: gradients in use of mobile emergency medical services. Lauren, O.; FiIIeuI, L.; Havard, S.; Deguen, S.; Declercq, C.; Bard, D. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Nov2008, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p1014
Background: To test whether rates of emergency telephone calls for asthma attacks are associated with contextual socioeconomic deprivation in the Strasbourg metropolitan area (France). Methods: Two mobile emergency medical service networks provided all data for 2000-2005 about emergency calls...
- American Thoracic Society Intl Conference: Risk factors for an exacerbation-prone asthma phenotype. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information on the study which reveals that exacerbation prone asthma phenotype is associated with several specific risk factors.
- Emergency department treatment of adults with acute asthma exacerbations: Effect on exhaled nitric oxide levels. Silverberg, Jonathan I.; Rodenas, Mario; Sinert, Richard; Joks, Rauno // Allergy & Asthma Proceedings;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p514
Measurement of exhaled nitric oxide levels (eNO) from asthmatic patients is a noninvasive marker of airway inflammation in both adults and children and has been used as an outpatient measure of asthma control. We examined eNO in acute asthma exacerbations and how it is affected by treatment in...
- Antibiotics prescribed in early life may exacerbate asthma. // Reactions Weekly;Jun2014, Vol. 1507 Issue 1, p1
An abstract of the article regarding the association of asthma exacerbation with the prescription of antibiotics in early life is presented.
- When seconds count: Getting emergency help to your rural home. Vanek, Mona // Mother Earth News;Dec98/Jan99, Issue 171, p20
Provides information on how to deal with medical emergency. Steps to get fast medical help; Importance of knowing the telephone number of emergency services.
- CNE/CME questions. // ED Management;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p35
A quiz related to emergency medicine is presented.
- EDBA database is 'independent' // ED Management;Jul2010, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p78
The article reports on the independent database maintained by the Emergency Department Benchmarking Alliance (EDBA) in Newark, New Jersey.
- Economy may prompt more patients to flee ED early, or against medical advice. // Healthcare Risk Management;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p85
The article reports on the increase in the number of patients leaving the emergency departments (EDs) of hospitals in the U.S. to avoid higher medical bills.
- Emergency Services District could help EMS provide 24-hour service. Morrow, Walter // East Bernard Express (TX);5/8/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 19, p3
The article provides information about the Emergency Services District Number Two (ESD No. 2) in the emergency medical service (EMS) in East Bernard, Texas.