Windows to the mind
- Untitled. // Journal of Stained Glass;2001, Vol. 25, p192
An image of a Victorian setting in stained glass is presented.
- Stained glass. Gibson, G.; McWilliams, P.G. // Country Journal;Jun87, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p65
History of stained glass. Designing patterns; Procedures for working with stained glass; Scoring; Foiling; Soldering; Framing. INSET: List of equipment and materials needed; Three categories of....
- Window to another world. Maxfield, Jane // Arts & Activities;Oct95, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p20
Describes stained glass art in Western Europe in the late 12th and early 13th century. Technique involved in making stained-glass windows; Designs for stained-glass windows; Ways in which the stained-glass window can be used in teaching a variety of subjects.
- Trouble-free glass decorating. Bots, Jan Gert // Ceramic Industry;Sept95, Vol. 145 Issue 4, p47
Highlights the challenges in producing defect-free decorated glass. Defects in applications; Techniques for brushing golds; Need to select firing conditions that matches with gold and glass combinations; Importance of chemical and mechanical durability.
- Transforming sunrays. // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov92, Issue 134, p53
Discusses ways to make your own stained glass windows. Getting started; Making designs; Materials and tools needed; Procedures; Cutting the glass; Lead and solder; More.
- An unexpected glow of peace. Heard, Sue // Christian Science Monitor;11/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 251, p22
Presents reflections on stained-glass windows, and the attempts of the Christian author to understand Islam.
- Announcement. // Stained Glass: Quarterly of the Stained Glass Association of Ame;Winter2003, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p266
A call for article submissions on contemporary and historical stained glass art for publication in the "Stained Glass Quarterly" is presented.
- FYI: Stained Glass Gallery. // Stained Glass: Quarterly of the Stained Glass Association of Ame;Winter2007, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p272
Photographs of several stained glass designs are presented.
- EXHIBITS. // Stained Glass: Quarterly of the Stained Glass Association of Ame;Spring95, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p10
A calendar of glass art exhibitions in 1995 is presented, including the "Kaleidoscope Celebration, Spring '95," "A Touch of Glass" and "Psychopathology of Everyday Life," by Judith Schaechter.