Alarm grows over management of antibiotic resistance file
- Microbe police. Cokendolpher, James C.; Haukos, Jill F. // Materials Management in Health Care;Jan97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p20
Introduces government agencies in the United States responsible for enforcing regulations and guidelines for antimicrobial products. Registration and regulation of pesticides and antimicrobials by the Environmental Protection Agency; Regulation of medical devices by the Food and Drug...
- EPA catching up on antimicrobials. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;01/19/98, Vol. 253 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) decision to streamline its process for registering antimicrobial pesticides. EPA's success in reducing the backlog of registration applications by 77 percent; Requirements of the federal food safety law; Efforts to develop faster and...
- Antimicrobials Face Increased Regulatory Pressure. COONS, REBECCA // Chemical Week;2/7/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that antimicrobial ingredients are expected to face more regulatory challenges due to concerns that they are harmful to the environment and the human endocrine system.
- 15% of antibiotic sales in Greece are over the counter. Watson, Rory // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/24/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7752, p886
The article discusses a new European Commission report which noted that 15 European Union countries have prepared national strategies on the prudent use of antimicrobials, 8 are preparing them, and four countries do not have plans to introduce policies on antimicrobials.
- EPA Issues Final Treated Article Guidance. Bergeson, Lynn L. // Pollution Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's issuance on February 10, 2000, of its Pesticide Registration Notice 2000-1, called the `Applicability of the Treated Articles Exemption to Antimicrobial Pesticides.' Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act; Permissible...
- Politics and resistance. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/5/2011, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p478
In this article the author comments on the growing political activity within the European Parliament for the antimicrobial resistance and its impact on the veterinary care in Europe. The author informs that the new resolution of the Parliament has asked the European Commission to draft...
- 35 years of resistance. // Nature Reviews Microbiology;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p373
The misuse of antibiotics is not only a medical problem, but also a major agricultural one. The US Food and Drug Administration has recently shifted its focus to voluntary oversight.
- News in brief. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;11/30/2013, Vol. 173 Issue 21, p514
The article offers veterinary news briefs as of November 30, 2013 on topics including guidelines regarding the use of antimicrobials, Synergy Farm Health and Bishopton Veterinary Group, and Vet Charity Challenge which raised a total of Â£50,000.
- Debugging antimicrobial regulation. Troha, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr98, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p20
Presents an interview with the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Antimicrobials Division director, Frank Sanders. Why the EPA changed its organizational structure for handling antimicrobials; Area of responsibility; Actions the EPA is taking to reach users of low-level disinfectants;...