Australia unveils incentive program to treat chronically ill Aboriginal patients
- Largest survey on Indigenous health. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on a survey being undertaken in 2013 by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in an effort to increase knowledge about the health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
- Tobacco use among urban Aboriginal Australian young people: a qualitative study of reasons for smoking, barriers to cessation and motivators for smoking cessation. Cosh, Suzanne; Hawkins, Kimberley; Skaczkowski, Gemma; Copley, David; Bowden, Jacqueline // Australian Journal of Primary Health;2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p334
Smoking prevalence among Aboriginal Australian young people greatly exceeds the prevalence in the broader population of Australian young people, yet limited research has explored the social context in which young Aboriginal Australians smoke. Four focus groups were conducted in 2009 with South...
- Health inequality persists for off-reserve Aboriginals. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;8/30/2002, p4
Reports on the persistence of health inequalities between aboriginal people living off-reserve and non-aboriginal people in Canada regardless of socioeconomic and health behavior factors, according to the 2000/01 Canadian Community Health Survey. Health status measures; Lower prevalence of...
- EDITORIAL. Ik�heimo, Tiina // International Journal of Circumpolar Health;2010, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p318
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the health condition of the aboriginal people by T. Kue Young, Susan Chatwood and Rajiv Rawat, obesity and diabetes among circumpolar residents by Marit Eika Jï¿½rgensen and about a cancer research.
- Advancing Indigenous health through medical education. Mazel, O.; Anderson, I. // Focus on Health Professional Education;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented wherein the authors discusses the highlights of the journal's special edition on topics related to Indigenous health and medical education.
- Health issues. Colman, Robyn; Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p9
Looks at figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics on health among Indigenous Australians. Differences in immunization rates between Indigenous children and non-Indigenous children; Diabetes risk among the Indigenous people; Budget of the government for Indigenous health in 2004.
- More control over health concerns required. Narine, Shari // Windspeaker;Nov2010, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p20
The article reports on the remarks of Dr. Malcolm King, scientific director of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)-Institute of Aboriginal Peoples' Health (IAPH) to ensure the health of the indigenous Canadian's and the inclusion on health research that may affect their own health.
- Partnership between ANAC, UofA to provide health initiatives. Solway, Susan // Alberta Sweetgrass;Aug2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on the partnership between the Aboriginal Nurses Association of Canada (ANAC) and the University of Alberta (U of A) which aimed to improve the health conditions of First Nations, MÃ©tis and Inuit people.
- Promotion of traditional lifestyles. Desapriya, Ediriweera; Pike, Ian // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/10/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 8, p919
The article presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "The Quest to Improve Aboriginal Health," by Jeff Reading.