Patients on the prowl
- MDU denies it will not help doctors. // Pulse;9/17/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p11
Reports that the Medical Defense Union had given their support to physicians despite the complaints against them in Great Britain.
- MDU advises all GP surgeries to make IT recovery plans. // GP: General Practitioner;8/18/2006, p3
The article reports that the Medical Defense Union (MDU) of Great Britain has advised general practitioners (GPs) that they must have a full recovery plan in place to avoid damages if they lose manual and electronic records of all patients. MDU has urged the GPs to keep back-up of manual and...
- Negligence cost is rocketing. // Pulse;3/19/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the increase in percentage of costs involved in fighting medical negligence claims based from the data provided by the Medical Defense Union in Great Britain.
- Legal warning on DoH claims plan. // GP: General Practitioner;3/27/2009, p7
The article reports on the document published by the British Department of Health (DoH) which sets out measures to identify and handle concerns about doctors' performance. However, Medical Defense Union (MDU) states that incidence of clinical negligence claims varies according to factors...
- Mouth cancer advice issued. // British Dental Journal;11/12/2005, Vol. 199 Issue 9, p553
Reports that the Dental Defence Union (DDU), the specialist dental division of the Medical Defence Union in Great Britain, has issued a risk management advice directing the dentists to report immediately patients who are showing early signs of mouth cancer. Relevance of the Mouth Cancer...
- Significant jump' in GP complaints. // Pulse;9/17/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p11
Reports on the increase in the number of complaints against general practitioners based on the Medical Defence Union's investigation in Great Britain.
- GPs complaints burden soars. Duffin, Christian // Pulse;8/23/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 30, p13
The article reports that Medical Defense Union (MDU) advisers are filled with numerous calls from general practitioners (GPs) seeking advice about patient complaints. The organization states that there is an increase of 13 percent calls to its helpline in 2006. MDU chief executive Michael...
- Warning on legal threats. // Pulse;6/7/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the new guidance released by the Medical Defense Union of Great Britain for general practitioners to avoid legal action.
- Probe after exit of four MDU directors. // GP: General Practitioner;9/29/2006, p12
The article presents information on an allegation of financial irregularity at the Medical Defense Union (MDU) of Great Britain that will be investigated by Great Britain Financial Services Authority. The crises involved the resignation of four independent directors. Michael Saunders, MDU chief...