Prominent Canadians lobby for drug access reform
- FDA Wants to GIVE and Get. J. W. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2007, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p22
The article highlights the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) GIVE program, which means Generic Initiative for Value and Efficiency. The program aims to increase agency productivity by consolidating activities, hiring more staff, improving communication with industry and encouraging...
- Bad execution. // Nature;6/7/2007, Vol. 447 Issue 7145, p613
The article reflects on the implications of the death sentence handed out to Zheng Xiaoyu, former head of China's State Food and Drug Administration on the country's effort to build a fair drug regulation regime. He relates that Zheng's death sentence do not prove anything on the country's...
- Prepare for policy changes. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Apr2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article focuses on the report to the German government, which is expected lead to one of the most significant revisions of drug policy procedure in Europe. The author stated that the German government will use the 70-page report commissioned by Germany's Institute for Quality and Efficiency...
- Simmons lauded for his tireless drug reform efforts. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;4/8/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p9
It appears that the one-man crusade mounted by business tycoon Russell Simmons to reform the draconian Rockefeller Drug Laws has begun to generate public recognition. For example, Phoenix House, the nation's leading non-profit drug treatment and education agency, bestowed its prestigious Phoenix...
- Orbinski awarded book prize. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/28/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 9, p956
The article announces that Doctor James Orbinski has received the Shaughnessy Cohen Prize for nonfiction for his book "An Imperfect Offering: Humanitarian Action in the 21st Century."
- Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Medecins Sans Frontieres. // Nation's Health;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the Nobel Peace Prize awarded to the international medical relief organization Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in 1999. Implication of the award; Remarks from James Orbinski, international council president of MSF.
- Essencialidade e assistÃªncia farmacÃªutica: consideraÃ§Ãµes sobre o acesso a medicamentos mediante aÃ§Ãµes judiciais no Brasil. Sant'Ana, João Maurício Brambati; Pepe, Vera Lúcia Edais; Osorio-de-Castro, Claudia Garcia Serpa; Ventura, Miriam // Pan American Journal of Public Health;Feb2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p138
No abstract available.
- Legalization in Contravention of Federal Law? Garrity, Rachael // Sheriff;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the impact of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and Washington on federal law in the U.S. Particular focus is given to the compliance of the two states with the given condition from the Department of Justice that they should prevent access for minors, distribution...
- FDA seeks to clarify rules for pharma ads. Vence, Deborah L. // Marketing News;3/3/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inquiry into pharmaceutical advertising. Issue of whether regulations covering direct-to-consumer (DTC) prescription drug marketing violate the First Amendment; Indication that the agency is also focusing on rules governing labeling of...