England hikes educational requirements for nurses
- RCN wants mandatory preceptorship year. // Nursing Standard;8/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on the formalized preceptorship for nurses in Great Britain called by general secretary of Royal College of Nursing, Peter Carter. According to the author, 80% of the Nursing and Midwifery Council consultation respondents favor the consolidation period, which should be...
- Courses lengthen for school nurses. // Nursing Standard;6/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p7
Reports on the British Nursing and Midwifery Council's (NMC) increase of the length of a course for registrants wishing to become specialist school nurses, occupational health nurses or health visitors. Concern that the course's shorter version was too stressful and did not produce suitably...
- NMC launches new quality assurance framework. Glasper, Alan // British Journal of Nursing;7/25/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p844
The article presents an overview of a new quality assurance framework which was launched by the Nursing and Midwifery Council on June 17, 2013. In the article the author offers his opinions on the framework and discusses the role that the Nursing and Midwifery Council will play in implementing...
- Increasing the academic level of nursing. Karstadt, Lyn // British Journal of Nursing;1/22/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p79
The author examines the impact of the new standards for nurse education to be published by the Nursing and Midwifery Council in Great Britain in 2010. Discussions regarding the increase in skills base of the registered nurses are mentioned. The need for adequate mentoring and coaching by more...
- Speak up to shape nursing. Scott, Graham // Nursing Standard;2/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p1
In the article the editor reflects on Great Britain's Nursing and Midwifery Council's (NMC) consultation exercise which will discuss proposed changes to pre-registration nursing programmes. All nursing students will be required to achieve degree level education by 2013. Nursing skills and...
- STANDARDS TO RAISE PROFILE OF PROFESSION. // Nursing Standard;9/15/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p7
The author discusses new British Nursing and Midwifery Council standards for pre-registration nursing education and their impact on the nursing profession.
- An ambitious agenda. Scott, Graham // Nursing Standard;9/22/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
The author focuses on standards for nursing education from the British Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). He mentions challenges faced by nursing schools posed by employers and patients. He discusses the importance of supporting nursing students pastorally and financially. He notes the role of...
- UNIVERSITY CRITICISES SOLITARY TEST OF STUDENTS' CARING AND COMPASSION. // Nursing Standard;11/27/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p10
Introducing a single test to measure a prospective nursing student's level of caring and compassion would be unworkable, a nurse academic has warned.
- NMC resets education standards to reflect future of nursing. // Nursing Older People;Oct2010, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p5
The article reveals the release of new standards issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) of Great Britain for the training and education of future nursing students.