People and Positions
- Many factors critical to cost considerations of natural gas. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;10/ 3/2013, p2
The article discusses the views of fleet operations experts in the U.S. about the cost factors that must be considered by fleets when exploring the natural gas (NG) option. Mack Trucks' refuse product marketing manager Curtis Dorwart talked about the extra maintenance cost for NG-powered trucks....
- Mack expands reach of GuardDog Connect; announces Certified Uptime Centers. Straight, Brian // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/3/2016, p1
The article presents views of Stephen Roy, president of Mack Trucks in a conference held at the World of Concrete Show in Las Vegas, Nevada on the business of Mack Trucks North America in 2015. Topics discussed include best position of the company in concrete construction industry, expansion of...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2010, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p50
The article announces several appointments of business executives including Dean E. Douglas as president for Dover Fluid Management, Curtis Dorwart as vocational marketing product manager at Mack Trucks Inc., and Mark Jurman as vice-president of commercial sales at Silver Eagle Manufacturing Co.
- Mark of a mature dispatcher. Goodson, David // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p68
Analyzes the shortage of qualified dispatchers in the trucking industry. Cause of shortage of professionals; Advantages of implementing the buddy system to newly hired dispatchers; Concept of preemptive call in the carrier industry.
- BRIEFLY. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p10
Presents news items relating to trucking industry in the United States as of February 2003. Decrease in the hazardous materials registration fees for trucking companies; Appointment of Bill Graves to the post of president and chief executive officer of the American Trucking Associations on...
- People in the News. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p50
Presents news concerning executives in the trucking industry as of June 2003. Promotion of Jim Van Hefty as vice-president and general manager of Schneider National Inc.; Samir Gibara's resignation as chairman of the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.'s board of directors.
- FLEET OWNER's new look. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Apr99, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p6
Points out the need for trucking managers to be attuned to the changes in the industry. Changing needs of customers; Impact of information technology on the way trucking companies operate.
- going places. // Fleet Owner;Jun2003, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p11
Looks at developments concerning executives in the U.S. trucking industry as of June 2003. Inclusion of Peter Karlsten's appointment as president of Volvo Trucks North America; John Hill's appointment as chief safety officer and assistant administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety...
- Just strummin' along. // Fleet Owner;Dec2007, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p94
A photograph of two Freightliner executives, Michael Jackson and Christoph Hofmann, is presented along with highlights of their seven-day road trip in Cascadia, Seattle, Washington.