Big things from small trailers
- Trailer orders decline 9% in April 2008. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the trailer orders in the U.S. in April 2008. Total number of trailers ordered for the month is 10,845, nine percent less than the same period in 2007. On the other hand, dry van orders went up in April to 5,466, 29% higher year-on-year. Dry van inventories went down by...
- Total trailer orders exceed expectations. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2008, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the better-than-expected directionally orders received for total trailers and dry vans in the U.S. in January 2008, on a year-over-year basis. For the month, total trailer orders were 15,411, down 31% year-over-year, while dry van orders were 10,038, a 28% drop on a...
- Advancements in pre-painted aluminum offer options to van manufacturers. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the advantages of the advancements in pre-painted aluminum to truck and trailer body manufacturers. These include the improved machinability within the fabrication process, the increase in cosmetic longevity throughout the life of the product, and the enhanced corrosion...
- Ohio tops for flats and vans. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the ranking of Ohio among U.S. states as source of spot-market freight for dry van and flatbed equipment according to the CCJ Equipment Demand Index In February 2004. Percentage difference of refrigerated van searches of Illinois from Ohio in February 2003; Common Equipment types...
- Trailer shipments up 9%. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the status of truck trailer shipments in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2005. Total number of complete trailers shipped by manufacturers; Increment in the shipment of platform trailers; Increase in the shipment of vans.
- Great Dane revamps trailer line. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Blog;3/23/2012, p2
The article previews the redesigned trailers of Great Dane, including the Champion SE dry freight van, Freedom SE all-steel trailer, and Freedom LT steel and aluminum trailer.
- Trailers & bodies. // Fleet Equipment;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p88
Presents a selection of trailers and bodies for trucks. Rogers Brothers' Ultima Trailers; Fontainer Trailer Co.'s composite telescopic platform trailer, model LTP-4; Jerr-Dan Corp.'s HDL 1100/530 composite body wrecker.
- A life without trucks. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;3/29/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5477, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the importance of truck trailers in the haulage industry in Great Britain.
- How to paint your truck (and other equipment). Sandlin, Bev // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p53
Gives tips on painting stock trailers and other equipment. Materials; Directions; Things to consider; Tips on brush painting vehicles. INSET: Tips for trailering..