Looking into crystal ball
- Trailer technology takes off. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2010, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p25
The article examines the prospects for new trailer technology in the light of strict environmental laws. Areas of growth in trailer technology are said to be seen in electronics related to roll stability, tire-pressure monitoring, air disc brakes and aerodynamics. It is asserted that trailer...
- Jet technology could give big trucks a push. // Machine Design;8/4/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p28
Reports on the advantages offered by aerodynamic improvements and airflow control techniques developed at Georgia Tech Research Institute to truckers. Percentage of fuel economy that could be increased by a full-size tractor trailer; Effect of the improvements on braking and control; Fuel...
- To realize more fuel-efficient trailers, technology envelope must be pushed. Sommerstorfer, Henry // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p5
A letter to the editor is presented about how innovations can help boost the trailer industry's sales and performance.
- Denby Double or quits. Weatherley, Brian // Commercial Motor;11/25/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5106, p14
Reports on the set of test results obtained by Denby Transport for its 60-tonne double trailer artic. Background on the test trials which was supervised by the British Transport Advisory in June 2004; Information on its safety and productivity trials which involves braking performance, fuel...
- Hendrickson Cam Tube System Extends Trailer Brake Life, Squeezes Out Weight. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2001, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p56
Introduces the Cam Tube System for INTRAAX and VANTRAAX, the trucking industry's first standard cam enclosure for trailer brake systems from Hendrickson. Features; Capabilities.
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;10/13/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5454, p24
A description of several courses including trailer brake systems from Haldex AB, tachograph analysis from Novadata Ltd. and customer care from Sigma Studies is provided.
- The Future In A Box. // Overdrive;Dec2006 Supplement, Vol. 46, p96
The article discusses the trend among truck trailer manufacturers of producing a lighter, stronger and steadier trailers to be offered in the market. These trailers are made up of aluminum and a composite panel system made of steel bonded to a high density plastic core. One of the company that...
- HighwayMaster to introduce Trackware. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;Aug99, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p80
Provides information on the untethered trailer tracking system TrackWare from HighwayMaster company. Features of the system; Price.
- Time the testers made up their minds over loadings. // Motor Transport;9/4/2003, p30
Focuses on the trucking industry in Great Britain. Condition of the haulage business; Details of competition with foreign trucks; Discussion on problems regarding trailer brakes; Information on the annual test of trailers.